TK at the end of maps

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only

Disable Music + maybe "30 seconds playgame warning" ?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 14, 2008 18:03

Yes, It will change!
29%
Maybe prooftime!
7%
No, It won t change anything!
64%

Total votes : 14
Spam King

TK at the end of maps

Postby LuXoFluXe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 18:03

Hey,
As we almost all know, there is a big TD at the end of maps;
TK/TB sometimes also SK.
I think it's a bit becouse the influence on the Music in the last 30 seconds + Maybe the; "30 seconds, Run run !" :)
maybe a disable will help ?! :wink:

-Yes, It wil change!
-Maybe prooftime!
-No, it won't change anything!

Thx for reading :)
lick dem´ pussies.

Spam Kid

Postby c4f3r » Sun Nov 30, 2008 18:11

I agree. Tk at the end of map is a big problem. Team mates are posioning , burning, hs-ing and bazookakilling. People usually think that's not tk. They're wrong but almost always they dont know about it. 8O 8O People are agressive now. :evil:

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Sun Nov 30, 2008 18:11

it's good idea... usually when map end more players do tk and tb :< sometimes last second can change result ;)

Spam Kid

Postby c4f3r » Sun Nov 30, 2008 18:15

Sorry for my english. I am a spam noob yet:) :wink:

Talented Spammer

Postby sjk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 18:35

I agree. Tk at the end of map is a big problem. Team mates are posioning , burning, hs-ing and bazookakilling. People usually think that's not tk. They're wrong but almost always they dont know about it. 8O 8O People are agressive now :evil:.

it's good idea... usually when map end more players do tk and tb :< sometimes last second can change result :wink:

U both are right, people really start tb and tk at the end.. Last 30 secs really can change the hf and other awards, or the winning team. If there wouldn't be music almost nobody would maybe notice that " hey the round ends"

Btw I have forgot how to add name to quote

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sun Nov 30, 2008 19:11

I think the problem is not from the settings but from some simple minded players. We warned you numerous time that a TK in the end of the map wiill be judged as any other intentional tk during the map. Some players were already banned for this and me as other admins will continue in this way. Rules and consequencies are simple, if we catch you or recive a demo of any player killing his teammates in the end of the map, we will simply concider this as a team kill on purpose and the risks are already well know by all : Kick/ban/resetxp etc ....

So, changing settings wont change nothing when players still did n t get how act with other players, you can do what you want and change all, it wont stop some tards to act against the fairplay and fun. So best think is simply keep them far away from our servers and give our quite players who are there only to have fun and some nice moments with their friends and mates a clean server, and you can be sure that s what we always did and do.

One more point, as you know FF is on is PS1, i m aware that it can cause some team kills, specialy with HW. I think it s the part of the game and it make the gameplay more realistic but it don t mean that you are free to play like a unresponsible player and havin no care about the rest of your team. Some accidental team kills are a part of the game and as we always "shit happens" but we will react against some well know team killers who play kamikase around. If we are warned about some players or we notice a player with many TKs in a map, his stats will be checked in the end of the map and he can have classic punishment if he realy have a huge TD (team damage) stats .

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 19:45

BOWDOWN wrote:
One more point, as you know FF is on is PS1, i m aware that it can cause some team kills, specialy with HW. I think it s the part of the game and it make the gameplay more realistic but it don t mean that you are free to play like a unresponsible player and havin no care about the rest of your team. Some accidental team kills are a part of the game and as we always "shit happens" but we will react against some well know team killers who play kamikase around. If we are warned about some players or we notice a player with many TKs in a map, his stats will be checked in the end of the map and he can have classic punishment if he realy have a huge TD (team damage) stats .

Yes, im not against FF, but
when ppl hear these music + 30 seconds, they get a 'wake up effect'
If they don t know its stil solong the tk wil be lessed,
+1
I agree ur decission !
:wink:
lick dem´ pussies.

Spam Pro

Postby Calabria » Sun Nov 30, 2008 23:09

its a problem if you want it to be a problem....

I really dont care if someone tb or tks me in the dying seconds... no need to ban or kick him for me. But if you guys want to be so strict about it then go ahead and make it a problem

:roll:

Little update about the TK:

i notice a lot of indifference on the server about this Tk and TD, not only from the players side, also some admins. The reason is simple; if someone tks another player, all he has to do is say "sorry" v45. Wth do you expect will happen with that kind of policy? Ofcourse players will fire their bazookas and rifles and mp40s etc even if a teammate is standing in front of him, no need to hold your fire, just press v followed by 4 followed by 5....

i hardly notice a player getting kicked or even warned for too much td (today someone had 5000TD on minas, players were "whining" about it but nothing happened to give one example.)

I whine alot about it, i know, but its because what i described here above ^^

Ciao

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Nov 30, 2008 23:44

i do think this SHOULD be enough, cause the idea behind the 'sorry' thing is that you will try to avoid it in the future...
and if this aint enough, just type /record and delete the records that aint of any value

Spam Kid

Postby Aldaris » Mon Dec 01, 2008 0:56

Sure even a last second can change the winning team but I don't think removing the music at the end of round will stop team killing at the end of map.. I check very often how much time do we have to the end and there is still "30 seconds, schnell, schnell!!" or allies alternative... but you can give it a try...
And as LuXoFluXe wrote, the music could be like some pep talk

sjk wrote:Btw I have forgot how to add name to quote

Code: Select all
[quote="nickname"]Text[/quote]

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:20

@calabria : not true. i we already kicked players for that and Rapid also banned some for same and i as i said that s something i will systematicaly manage to do by now. You already told me about that , what you want is to have a complaint vote system and that s something i don t like. Once again, no way to punish players for only some accidental TKs cause i concider it as a part of the gameplay and something you have to accept and handle but also noway to give players the feeling that it can justify a huge amount of TKs. I admit it s hard to manage but i hope with all our admins care we will succeed.

Official Member

Postby wuju » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24

i also think that changing settings will not make this problem solved, i agree with all ppl who says that just one reason of that TD are ppl witch dont understand rules. If u want to erase music in the end... u should erase clock too.. cause there u can also see thats 30 seconds remaining :) i think that the one right solution will be punishinig ppl breaking rules :)

So i suggest respecting rules then problem will be automaticaly solved.

PS accidential tk's are part of game and i think its totaly normal.. for example useing mortar .. sometimes its imposible to provide tk's, so just try to play with all team :)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00

just remove the last 30 seconds :D

i think this case is solved and that the players learn after some time that they dont have to tk in the end.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Pro

Postby Calabria » Mon Dec 01, 2008 15:41

BOWDOWN wrote:@calabria : not true. i we already kicked players for that and Rapid also banned some for same and i as i said that s something i will systematicaly manage to do by now. You already told me about that , what you want is to have a complaint vote system and that s something i don t like. Once again, no way to punish players for only some accidental TKs cause i concider it as a part of the gameplay and something you have to accept and handle but also noway to give players the feeling that it can justify a huge amount of TKs. I admit it s hard to manage but i hope with all our admins care we will succeed.

Myea, but just so you know, if that system is enabled i won't press f1 (complaint) every time, only for those who don't care that you are standing near them and who shoot like "a chicken without a head"... i have trust that other players will do the same. Anyway, i wont loby for the system again as the commander in charge is against it

:)

I hope and think you'll be a bit more strict when it comes to the TD, maybe introduce a new rule (over 2500 TD= Kick, over 5000= 1day ban f.ex.) or just look at it case by case (which is difficult) I have the feeling you also think there's a lot of indifference and you want to solve it, thats good news.

Ciao

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Dec 01, 2008 17:22

Well, your pretty optimist if you think that all will react like you but i m not realy ready to take the risk :wink: .

Btw, as i told you, i will give more attention about all this TK stories and will also inform other regular PS 1 admins about, you can be sure that players with such a TD you wrote above will deserve some punishments.

Veteran

Postby Viduus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 17:58

I see the upcoming of more TD in ps 1 too lately. Not only in the last 30 secs ... And even more in the afternoon when the kindergarten is openned.

I and we are aware of it. So I kick and ban more players for that.

But teamdamage is not that easy to judge as you might think. You can't just only look at the teamdamage from a player cause it may be caused by minestepping or something else out of his control. And for example a player can have 500 TD, that does not sound a lot but when he did only 100 damage it is much again. But when its in the beginning of the map it might be a mistake he made earlier and the TD is not rising ... Etc.

So most of the time I spec a player with high TD to see why he is damaging teammates a lot. Is it on purpose or not? I often pm a player to simple ask to watch his fire. That most of the times works better then a simple warn. If not then kick or ban are not far away.

Spam King

Postby LuXoFluXe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 17:58

Thx for voting,
BoWDoWN, im enough with what u said,
Hope in future it will be lessed :wink:

Gz!
lick dem´ pussies.

Spam Pro

Postby Calabria » Mon Dec 01, 2008 20:39

viduus,

i appreciate what you do but could you warn such players in public so we can c that admins do care about this problem;

@ bow; im not so optimistic, i've played on servers with that complaint system and i c how things happen.

Ciao

Spam Kid

Postby Aldaris » Mon Dec 01, 2008 23:59

Calabria wrote:viduus,
i appreciate what you do but could you warn such players in public so we can c that admins do care about this problem;
Ciao

You are right.. but they should use commands like !warn, !pop, etc. because if they only write it to public chat, many people won't even notice that.. Warning them in public isn't good only for us (see that you do something about that), but it is also good as a warning to others.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008