SC with mortar and artillery

Old server topics and posts from 2008, Read only
Server High Admin

SC with mortar and artillery

Postby Betinho » Sun Dec 14, 2008 20:31

SC with mortar and artillery in Bridges, for admin consideration.

http://rapidshare.com/files/173341554/2 ... dm_84.html

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22

in my opinion this is allowed. they could move out of there spawn and couldn't get hitted inside the spawn. i don't know the map bridges that well but isn't there a other way out of this tunnel? anyw it's like the mortar at goldrush (if 2 ways out at bridge).
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:14

i respect your opinion, but is the only way for defender the truck....for my, this is spawn camping, is impossible play with the mortar or artillery in this place (you cant pass), try to play with allies and you can see what i talking about.
And i m waiting for more opinions.

Talented Spammer

Postby Buuust » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:11

i think its not spanwkill bcoz mortar not land in spawn
and allied have other extits there

brainles allied got lots of darwin awards ! nice multikill

allied have very bad situations ,but this is war !!!!! no mercy

i dont understan allied?!?!? why to run in fire?! you can wait when mortar land and then go run fast over it before next mortar land and all be ok
it not sk

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:21

I often wondered the difference between hanging about the exit and mortar. I do see some admins keeping an eye on things but again...if players hang about the doorways, they get !pip where as mortar is 'ok' :o

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Mon Dec 15, 2008 13:24

Buuust wrote:i think its not spanwkill bcoz mortar not land in spawn
and allied have other extits there

brainles allied got lots of darwin awards ! nice multikill

allied have very bad situations ,but this is war !!!!! no mercy

i dont understan allied?!?!? why to run in fire?! you can wait when mortar land and then go run fast over it before next mortar land and all be ok
it not sk

i dont agree with you man....i know , this is not sk, i never talk about sk (the mortar is so close to be sk anyway)....when you stay in 1 place with mg s, flam, panzer , artillery...and MORTAR and you need defender 1 thing (the truck) in this direction, in the exit to spawn, this is not fight, is not war, nothing!!!! you play bridges??? i dont think so....the truck is in the same direction where is the MORTAR. So, if this is not spawn camping, what is this?? :evil:
I wait for more opinions (ps 1 regular players please)
CONCLUSION: this mortar (or artillery) in this map, in this place destroy the gameplay cause, and is impossible play ----> and must be not allowed.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Dec 15, 2008 22:03

Betinho ur right that it should not be allowed, the problem however is that it is not against the rules. think about that 8)

when ur a smart player(like me) u wait for the mortar bullet and walk between 2 trough the exit.( not possible with smart mortars who time their bullet once in 18 seconds for the whole spawned group)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Gold Star

Mortar camping

Postby RaiderPL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14

I don't like any campings players, special mortars killers not far from spawn. U have right Betinho can't be allowed!!!!

Greatz :D

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue Dec 16, 2008 17:16

ye but the definition of spawncamping is wrong in this case. spawncamping usually means camping next to enemy spawn so he can't move even out of it or camping on own spawn what will provoce spawnkilling.

Allmighty Rulebook wrote:Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC). SC will result in a warn (!warn, !slap, !burn, !fling, !throw, !gib) depending on the situation.

so imho in this case it was no kind of rulebreaking and even if its annoying u can also move out of your spawn without getting touched from the mortar.

Smadje wrote:when ur a smart player(like me) u wait for the mortar bullet and walk between 2 trough the exit.( not possible with smart mortars who time their bullet once in 18 seconds for the whole spawned group)

:stupid:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Tue Dec 16, 2008 23:04

icefrost wrote:ye but the definition of spawncamping is wrong in this case. spawncamping usually means camping next to enemy spawn so he can't move even out of it or camping on own spawn what will provoce spawnkilling.

Allmighty Rulebook wrote:Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC). SC will result in a warn (!warn, !slap, !burn, !fling, !throw, !gib) depending on the situation.

so imho in this case it was no kind of rulebreaking and even if its annoying u can also move out of your spawn without getting touched from the mortar.

Smadje wrote:when ur a smart player(like me) u wait for the mortar bullet and walk between 2 trough the exit.( not possible with smart mortars who time their bullet once in 18 seconds for the whole spawned group)

:stupid:

i repeat...i think this mortar in this map, in this place...destroy the game play cause...we play for funny and it is not funny....yo think is allowed? ok.....but is impossible play....1 only player is the "king" of fragger, just with put "1 click with the mouse" so close to the spawn, when allies need defend the truck in this direction, and you cant go for other way.

i m sorry, this is my point of view...must be not allowed.

Silver Star

Re: hi

Postby C3LIG4 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 23:20

Well IMO its not SC & SK.

But yes, its a bit unfair.

But life is unfair - games are unfair.

But maybe there can be rule about that.

greetingz

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:49

if the problem occurs only in 1 map, then there cant be a rule just for 1 map. the solution might be to remove that map or make new- or modify certain rule. or just dont take what i said into consideration :D

Spam Kid

Re: hi

Postby EvilDevil » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:48

C3LIG4 wrote:Well IMO its not SC & SK.

But yes, its a bit unfair.

But life is unfair - games are unfair.

But maybe there can be rule about that.

greetingz

I agree.It's very simple.If spawn have at least 2 exits, it's can't be tractated as SK,SC,etc. it's unfair,but it's not rule breaking.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2008