/!\ Even TEAMS !!! /!\

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Spam Kid

/!\ Even TEAMS !!! /!\

Postby Shenkyen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 16:38

I'm sure you'd already read this on PS servers.

When I can I swap, it's normal for me, teams have to be egual (at least in number of players) to have fun.

In normal time, PS members should swap, right ? But, sometimes, they don't ... So I wonder if there isn't a script who can automatically even teams in the last 3 seconds of the warmup.

This afternoon I were on PS1, a team lose a map 14vs16, and start the other map 12vs16 ... Even if I triggered the spam protection with my bind /!\ Even TEAMS !!! /!\

Unfortunately I can post this msg on almost all PS servers forums I think.

Cya.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 17:54

Hey, this problem is also annoying me.
But sometimes some people are blind or they are too much in-game.
Or they just want to be in the good team.
When there are ps members they should even teams or make them even by !put, but not always they're at the server.
I also see some members who don't even teams, but then they too much in-game.. like i am sometimes.
Just pm them and i think they will anser:D
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Spam Kid

Postby _PATENT_ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 17:56

When It was 14 vs 16 u should went to this worse team and all should be fine ;d ;o but u didnt do that and rest of players of this "worse" team started quit :O thats all ur false shame on u ...

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:24

lazy-lion wrote:When there are ps members they should even teams

Give me one reason why they should do it instead off other players

It is just that PS members are used to even up the teams and want to keep the game fair, easiest way is to balance them yourself. When I wasn't member I also did even up when I noticed teams were unbalanced..
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:28

@ Patent: Will be better, if you read our rulebook which says: "Show your respect to the rest of the forum Users, Moderators and Admins. Try to stay calm and make sure you don't offend people with your Topic/Reply. Immature behaviour, threats, insults, provocations etc. are NOT welcome at our boards!"

When PS members are on-line we keep teams even. It can be harder when only 1 PS is at the server, but I'm sure sending PM will solve problem or just even teams self. Difficult situation is when there isn't PS around. I hope we can count on our regular players.

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:34

Smadje wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:When there are ps members they should even teams

Give me one reason why they should do it instead off other players

It is just that PS members are used to even up the teams and want to keep the game fair, easiest way is to balance them yourself. When I wasn't member I also did even up when I noticed teams were unbalanced..

I thought there are members to keep the game fair and nice and playable, aren't they? Or am i wrong?
:P
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:37

You're right lazy. Rules are for all... FOR ALL. Smad, tag doesn't mean that you are over the rules. Members are to set an example.

Official Member

Re: /!\ Even TEAMS !!! /!\

Postby hdoubls » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:48

Shenkyen wrote:I'm sure you'd already read this on PS servers.

When I can I swap, it's normal for me, teams have to be egual (at least in number of players) to have fun.

In normal time, PS members should swap, right ? But, sometimes, they don't ... So I wonder if there isn't a script who can automatically even teams in the last 3 seconds of the warmup.

This afternoon I were on PS1, a team lose a map 14vs16, and start the other map 12vs16 ... Even if I triggered the spam protection with my bind /!\ Even TEAMS !!! /!\

Cya.

+1 ur right Shenkyen
Sometimes some PS Members don't care if Teams is balanced or not, same with Shuffle
Yesterday I asked 9999 times too shuffle (2 Members connected and were playing) cauz teams wasn t really equal after 2 Maps they did it, why don't shuffle first? cauz they always want 2 play in the "Dream Team" :!:
Big thanks to Falb!k

Official Member

Postby MiLady » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:56

Always you can send PM, because sometimes we just want to play and don't read public chat :)

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Mon Apr 12, 2010 18:56

hdoubls wrote:
Shenkyen wrote:I'm sure you'd already read this on PS servers.

Cya.

+1 ur right Shenkyen
Sometimes some PS Members don't care if Teams is balanced or not, same with Shuffle
Yesterday I asked 9999 times too shuffle (2 Members connected and were playing) cauz teams wasn t really equal after 2 Maps they did it, why don't shuffle first? cauz they always want 2 play in the "Dream Team" :!:

Dear doubl...you knows me...i cant do shuffle always when someone ask me...i remember...viduus and me online....i was checking the teams...and for me the teams were fine...if i dont remember bad axis won easilly this map...anddddd i was thinking what to do with 1 possible cheater (in the next map i muted and kick him). trust me if a see the teams uneven i will be the 1st for do shuffle or even the teams.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Apr 12, 2010 19:06

lazy-lion wrote:When there are ps members they should even teams or make them even by !put,

LadyDeath wrote:You're right lazy. Rules are for all... FOR ALL. Smad, tag doesn't mean that you are over the rules. Members are to set an example.

I just mean that regulars can even up aswell, imo what lazy said sounds like we always should be the guys who even up. And in my opinion everyone(especially our regulars) can do it ;)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby hdoubls » Mon Apr 12, 2010 19:13

Dear Betinho
The difference was clear Betiii :) (The Allies won easilly in vesuvius map) and if u was thinking what to do with a cheater or something like tha, viduus can do it :/
Any way its not really a problem, next time please just try 2 explain me in a lil PM, don't let me asking..
Big thanks to Falb!k

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Mon Apr 12, 2010 19:36

i allways even the teams myself on PS 2 when i'm playing, since i don't rly care about winning or loosing on a public NQ server (remember the importance! ^^), so heil icy imo.

else both sides got a point, i also saw obviously PS members which usually never care about even the teams themself, cause they feel fine in the winner team. at some point, members got the responsability to even the teams, but they also shouldn't get forced to even it all the time themself like smadje pointed out.

if u are a regular u simply should even the teams yourself as well, even if u want to play in the so called winnerteam. a shame, that there even is a topic needed for this, to remember some about it. it just should stay stable, not that allways the same regular got to even it as well, that's not the point as well.

else agree with hdoubls, a answer would be just fair, something like 'i'm busy atm, can't care about it, give me 5 minutes' or sth like that, so the player doesn't get ignored or doesn't feel ignored.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Mon Apr 12, 2010 20:01

About even teams..it is clear...2 players of difference and you have to put yourself or put someone for even the teams.
About !shuffle ...1 thing: you have players skillers and they play for frags...and players who like play for objetive...if a see Do0m with Funner together (just an example) and i dont see skillers players in the other team...i will do shuffle obviously. Anyway...i like ask before do shuffle and wait for answers...if the majority agree for do the shuffle. But !shuffle isnt a command for use in all the maps i think.

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 20:03

It all depends on many circumstances. There could be 17vs13, with the smaller team winning, Why should anyone call for evening the teams then? But this is the case when it would get evened in no time.

Anyway, I dont mind changing teams. But once per map is enough. What I hate is being put, then I do some serious teambleed till I get used to shoot the other team. Sometimes I have a mood when I dont want to be the one who evens the teams, when I say to myself: "There is more than 10 other players who can do it, why should I". Imo everyone knows that feeling.

And tbh, I really dont know why ppl like to join the winning team. Its boring just to camp or get through enemy easily. I like if there is enough enemies for me, not that I have to fight with several teammates for every single frag. And doing obj when teams are well balanced is the best fun in game. Sad to see all those Winning team joiners, you get nothing by winning the map, its the fun why everyone is playing...

Official Member

Postby DaRkMaN » Mon Apr 12, 2010 23:14

I would like add mine opinion since i made this topic 1 year ago too,and been caerfully watching who and how,but not want to make guilty anybody.
1.you say what if team with less players still wining,well teams should be evened up anyway,if the team with less playes wants that.The solution then is shuflle at next map,but fair is fair,always one team gonna be stronger,because somebody must win,so teams must be in one player diference tops.
2.abaout if PS members even teams themselves,not good idea and totaly disagree,becuse showning example all these years did nothing,i say always put regular player always,maybe then they will stop being so arogant,and think abaout fair play wining,and not only wining.
What does win with 3 players more really mean to you?i dont get that.

Official Member

Postby Pasglop » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13

Unbalanced teams ===>i always change team when it's needed but...no more than twice.

Anyway,do it! take it like a challenge :wink:
Last edited by Pasglop on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:31, edited 2 times in total.

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Tue Apr 13, 2010 15:04

Playing on Allies just makes my blood boil for some reason. So if im on Axis and i dont change...sorry. It's for the sake of my own health :P

I love it when the admins !pause the match. It clears the server enough to sort things out :)

Spam Lord

Postby Xand3r » Wed Apr 14, 2010 20:53

Audio wrote:Playing on Allies just makes my blood boil for some reason. So if im on Axis and i dont change...sorry. It's for the sake of my own health :P

I love it when the admins !pause the match. It clears the server enough to sort things out :)

yep me too alllies just plays much better :) i don't know why but it's just the truth
but about that sometimes if some ps member/admin is ''shuffeling'' the teams some people (alot) want back to their own teams and then they join spec and one team what was much better are much more players in..

:wink:

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:04

icefrost wrote:i allways even the teams myself on PS 2 when i'm playing, since i don't rly care about winning or loosing on a public NQ server (remember the importance! ^^), so heil [s]icy[/s]goku imo.

yea me too me too

Silver Star

Postby chimera » Thu Apr 15, 2010 13:34

Code: Select all
set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ; map oasis ; set nextmap vstr d2; exec "cmd ref shuffleteamsxp"

Try this, i'm not sure if this thing works...
WORTH A TRY!!!

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Apr 15, 2010 13:40

whats that? Automatic shuffle every new map?
quoting deep:

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 14:17

Add a script that if teams are uneven, the guy that's in the team with most players who cries for teams gets auto putted. There's a lot of em and would solve the problems.. :D

Spam Lord

Postby Xand3r » Fri Apr 16, 2010 14:07

chimbo wrote:
Code: Select all
set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ; map oasis ; set nextmap vstr d2; exec "cmd ref shuffleteamsxp"

Try this, i'm not sure if this thing works...
WORTH A TRY!!!

i disagree with this because in some maps teams are fair for example 17 vs 17 thats alright and it's fun too play for both teams and then next map get a shuffle that fcks everything up so DISAGREE!!

Silver Star

Postby chimera » Fri Apr 16, 2010 14:28

If the map ends there's no problem like i saw on an earlier post, its about which team is winning / losing. If you just start the map and shuffle in warmup there is really no problem.

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010