PS #2 having another heart attack?

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Official Member

PS #2 having another heart attack?

Postby deep » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:04

so i heard that the only working server owner of ps2- icy, is afk, due to some house moving (maybe something else?). and was wondering why hasnt any1 replaced him? ye, maybe ppl dont have time and what ever else, but imo this is really bad for the server. such drops can make the server really weak, loosing regulars and so forth. there arent any events, which i think this server should have more. no rotation/mod changes. this all lack of admining puts the server on pause.
if im right ps2 has been empty almost for a month now. i know that there was similar situation last year, and since that the server has been struggling getting new players for this whole year. but whats the end gonna be? well i hope theres gonna be some plan coz it might just end up like our beloved ps4.

anyway, i just wanted to express myself and maybe hear what the community thinks about this. dont take it extremely serious, its just a thought i had.

Spam Noob

Postby Player » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:15

* Disabled Adrenaline completly PS2 Players voted for (Keep Adrenaline enabled on PS 2?)
* Disabled Doublejump completly for every Map

That's why I don't play there anymore.

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:21

there has also changed 1 thing, if ps1 is full then ppl auto-connect to ps3 now

Server High Admin

Postby RapidHail » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:09

And We have holidays.
-=RapidHail=-: Do or do not... There is no try.
-|PS|- Server Monitor
eRepublik Citizen
Network Toolkit

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:54

Main reason is that noone has the the motivation to connect as first player :)

I will try to be more active.

Good you made the topic deep.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Kid

Postby Frosty » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05

Some people including me are now playing on ps2, so join and make PS2 active aggain :D

Spam Pro

Postby X-Liner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 18:48

Player wrote:
* Disabled Adrenaline completly PS2 Players voted for (Keep Adrenaline enabled on PS 2?)
* Disabled Doublejump completly for every Map

That's why I don't play there anymore.

agreed indeed.

if some people wanna go pro and play without that, do that on ps7?) after all the number of players was always high with things like adre and double jump on. Dunno if lack of "adminning" (changing map rout etc.) effected player number.
I havent checked that vote out and dunno which ppl ´didnt want it,,but was it really ps2 "regulars" who voted mostly,,(i mean players who plays at PS2 more than any else PS server)
PS2 were and shall still be a fun server:)

Adre: on
Doublejump: activate
Admins: Get on it

IMO
:):):)

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Jun 29, 2010 19:24

no xliner,
last year when icy took over, all the regulars where happy with new settings. at that time ps2 didnt have a lot of players, but imo about 80% of them were old regulars and we all liked the settings. we played every day with same couple of guys. i never noticed any big players lost when new settings were implied. u can search forum and see that the settings are voted, by regulars. i dont know exactly why the server is empty, but i just wish it wasnt.

ps2 is very different from other ps servers. there was rarely any rulebreak. in 1 year theres only been 3 rulebreak topics in ps2 section. teams were always even, majority of players were mature and other things that isnt common on other ps servers.

i really think that some events like sunday war, knife and whatever war could make some more action on it.

about the settings: xliner mentioned adre, well its disabled coz it makes the game unfair. and dj is not meant for most (and i mean 99%) obj based maps. those and other settings made our gaming more enjoyable for many months till now.

edit.

i know the feeling that ppl get when they play ps1 or ps5, but in ps2 we really enjoyed doing obj as much as fragging or even more. getting a frag was really secondary. and it is the dj and adre that makes u jump and run around the map like a headless chicken :D its a proven fact.

Veteran

Postby soulblade » Tue Jun 29, 2010 22:39

People, bring your hairy asses on PS2!! NOW! :D

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Tue Jun 29, 2010 22:51

You see Diamond for You this settings are awesome, cuz You are etpro and pro player but for example for me, so big noob comming on PS2 and be all the time killed have no sense. Why? cuz im adre user, dj and tj for fast move etc. I dnt change my cfg in game, i dont play whit comands to get my own super hiper playable playerconfig so when i start fight whit You im only meat for Ya all.
Imo servers will not live with only some group of regulars. Servers need also this naabs which come and leav this game after some time.
Remember one, this unregulars in 99% are same as me. They will not fight in place where they cant hit any of You pro players.

Your choice is that: made this serv pro and organized there some pro fights or made it fun and play whit this adre nabs.
Ofc activity of admins and members must be also very hight to bring ps2 to live, like that was when i started play here. I remember this times very good, when adre was on and Buu play all the time. Thats only my 2 cents, because i try play there but for me this dieing all the time have no sense. Im to naab for this cfg what You have now, and to lazy/worked to spend there houndreads hours to play better.

cya around, propably on ps3 & 5
ImageImage
`` I`m not full of fear 'cause I`m not really here I`m nowhere near here ...``
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... iia/simple come back to WoW Dagtard :)

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Tue Jun 29, 2010 23:20

The only thing I got to say is we can't survive on regulars, some people will leave, holidays, quit, etc.

We also need to get new people that like our settings, maps, and admining is not a real problem for banning / kicking, but attracting people to reward with levels, change maps, change settings, and such is the thing to focus on right now(imo). Since icy is moving with his stuff and is unavaible to be here as serverowner, and I haven't heared a year from sleyvas and crossyard ( :( ) .

(noo I lost my 666th post count :o )
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Tue Jun 29, 2010 23:29

Hey mefi that is not the right way to think.

Me and also for example paco are both regular in ps#2, from PS#2 I learned so much from et, and indeed also cleaned up and restyled my own config. In my whole et career i haven't played more as 6 hours in ETpro.

PS#2 is a place were everyone is welcome to improve his qualities: learning to play without adre and doublejump will improve your skills when you are playing with them.

When someone is new on server and not very skilled he will play with the majority, so he can see, learn and enjoy a game where he has chances to improve himself.

Exactly in this way I changed my whole ETstyle, from an uberhighspree pub server covert ops i changed in an player who can play with focus on the objective and teamplay.

With an revived PS#2 we could give every player, new or regular from other servers this chance. And that's my personal goal in PS#2, giving new players the chance to improve theirselves in game and enjoying at the same time.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Jun 30, 2010 0:00

well today we played a little, was nice, i still think the server has best settings.

@mefisto: actually there were some regular noobs, who died, but kept connecting there. and ye it probably isnt the best place for starting noobs, but like smad said: it really improves your overall skill. and in a while u start enjoying it.

adre and dj ruin the gameplay. i think ppl who have played etpro for longer time, know what i mean- u cant concentrate on what ur doing. gameplay changes to unreal tournament or quake 3 alike, where ppl prefer simple obj maps, and try to kill each other as fast as possible. ps2 is not like that. it has different gameplay style with a slower pace.

Veteran

Postby soulblade » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:17

Mefisto wrote:...Why? cuz im adre user, dj and tj for fast move etc...

And here comes the real challenge : learning to tj without adre and dj. Which is way more meaningful than "tj" with adre+dj.
The so-called TJ only got sense if you're playing single jump : jumping high and far around is pretty fun I know that. But remember that et maps (standards) and et game style was first designed for single jump. But that's not the point (only a lil reminder :P )
The point is that ps2 maybe has some 'strict' cfg (and if you ask me, this cfg is perfectly designed for et) but our main goal (when ichi and I were server owner, and so was and is the following owners' goal, I know that) has always been to bring some fun and amusement here. Never to be selective on players, or worst, elitist. PS2 is a PUBLIC server, will always be so and no one should ever tell you it's not. Nothing relating to ETPro community, really.
As PS was designed, and I'm quoting Landser here, our only goal always was to bring a great variety of server and playing experiences : Jaymod, ETPub, ETPro, NQ and so on... Some does like, some others don't, the main point is that PS got a serv for every playing style.
Second point : I think that Diamond's message wasn't made on the first sight to bring some fresh meat to kill :D We just want to revive PS2 a bit (and I'm trying every day those days) so it can live a lil bit longer and doesn't end into some drama like PS4 did. If you feel a bit "too weak" to play on PS2 i would say : Come on, let's try it at least. We're cool boys and girls who always enjoy having new regs around, and we will always be happy to "teach" you some settings or give you some piece of advises. What you have to understand is that PS2 isn't the pro-geeky-nerd-only-head-shooting lair's :D It's just a place designed for all of those who want another game experience than DJ-panza-megakill-flamethrower-goomba like servers :D :D :D

Talking about good playing experience, look a bit around the other PS servers. I had, the past few weeks ample time to test other servers. And you have to be honest here!! What transpires a lot on other PS servs is : whining (a lot!!), insulting, rulebreaking and so on. Try a bit PS2 and you'll see that all those shitty behaviors are pretty rare (comparing to other servs) here. (no offense to other server owners/admins, I'm not AT ALL into an other PS servs denigration procedure :), just listing facts).

OK I think I'm done know (was a bit long I know, and maybe MAYBE, I'm a bit drunk, but thoughts are clear in my small head). Was just the 2 few cents of the old souly turd.

Let's try it a bit at least :wink: (PS2!!! not me!! :o)

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41

situation its CLEAR

who like ETpros cfg/or need learn Etpro skill ..knows IP PS#2 and always connect .....
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam Kid

Postby Frosty » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:18

FALBIK wrote:situation its CLEAR

who like ETpros cfg/or need learn Etpro skill ..knows IP PS#2 and always connect .....

I don't like ETpro cfg, and i don't need to learn etpro skill.
I just come to ps2 to have a sexy talk with the sexy players playing there.
See you all in ps2 :!:

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:27

FALBIK wrote:situation its CLEAR

which are etpro settings which are not?

default server setting in every mod is doublejump off, so u cant tell its etpro setting, same goes to adre - default off

Who likes to improve gameeye, friendly athmosphere - Join PS2
Who doesnt like whine, rulebreakers, insults - Join PS2

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:07

@ Frosty

im no sexy - so never see me in PS2 8)

@ Ajit

all servers have regular players -
Who likes to improve gameeye, friendly athmosphere - Join PS2

this text for me closed topic :wink:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56

Ajit wrote:Who likes to improve gameeye, friendly athmosphere - Join PS2

Well, it s a bit too fast conclusion imo :wink: I will talk about PS1 and PS2 here : both are for sure a part of PS community but they clearly don't have the same goal. PS1 is at the moment our biggest and crowded public server, the config and settings are designed to be accessible for all kind of players, newbies as experienced players. My goal is for sure to keep the server crowded but more specialy to attract the more new players we can to PS, since that it's not realy a surprise to see that all "fun" add ons are present including dj, adre etc ... . As a big public server , it has its own problems you and Souly pointed above but it's not a specific PS1 problem, all others big public servers share same problems , also not a surprise looking to the number and type of players they attract each days.
PS2 is a more "confidential" server and it has its own philosophy, far from a server like PS1. The server is configed for those who want to push their gaming limits in a more quite and friendly atmosphere, and also far from boring behaviours and problems you can have on big crowded servers. So , you are right in some way but you can't realy resume it fast as you did. Both kind of servers are necessary for a community, we just have to do all for workingt them together.
So, what PS2 need is more a real presence of admins and the owner than a new settings which only make the server a kind of PS1 clone. We unfortunatly lost some of our best owners this last times , first Soluy and Ichi and now Icy. Croosyard and Sleyvas also gave a try but their works were pretty ineffective without a real assiduity.
I ve already talked with some admins and members about PS2 case and the question of ownership. For me the only actual real candid for the place would be Paco , you all know him and are aware about all he tried in the past to keep PS2 alive so imo no need to make it long. He will for sure have all needed support from me and all others PS admins and could be a good co owner when Icy's will back hom.With all your help , presence and efforts i m sure that you can bring your loved server a new life. Thats my personal view about PS2 and only a suggestion, the case have to be discussed and voted as we usualy do on admin forum but after so many topics and discussions, imo it s maybe time for some actions.

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Wed Jun 30, 2010 17:33

i wouldn't forget the time and work smadje and samurai have put into ps2 recently also.

Spam Kid

Postby Frosty » Wed Jun 30, 2010 17:52

mees wrote:i wouldn't forget the time and work smadje and samurai have put into ps2 recently also.

+1

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Wed Jun 30, 2010 18:43

mees wrote:i wouldn't forget the time and work smadje and samurai have put into ps2 recently also.

Indeed . I just gave a name as a candid for the ownership but it dont mean that i would forget all others. No need to name them one by one but sure we all knows who they are and what they have done, so also thanks to them :).

Spam Kid

Postby romanek87 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 21:34

i aint gonna talk about ownership of ps2

but i want to point 1 thing for all of you: look at calendar and ooutside through window and tell me what do you see?
i see time of vacations, sun all day, warm/hot etc.

its normal ppl dont sit in front of their monitors and play et whole day like they might do in fall or spring

so about having "heart attack" i think its only temporary and will be back normal after the summer, with school year coming back

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:12

ye u missed my point. oh well :D

thx to this topic theres already been quite few battles, so it improves.

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53

ps2 death?
nooooooo:(

just wait for like 2 weeks then i finished school and i will be back to kick you're tiny little asses.

lots of people are at the end of school now in holland so probally also reason why there are not to much peeps.

thanks diamond:)

Next

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010