PS #2 having another heart attack?

Old server topics and posts from 2010, Read only
Veteran

Postby Ajit » Thu Jul 01, 2010 20:34

romanek87 wrote:but i want to point 1 thing for all of you: look at calendar and ooutside through window and tell me what do you see?
i see time of vacations, sun all day, warm/hot etc.

its normal ppl dont sit in front of their monitors and play et whole day like they might do in fall or spring

+1

f.e. i'm leaving for 1 month to volleyball trainings.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jul 01, 2010 22:32

Ajit wrote:
romanek87 wrote:but i want to point 1 thing for all of you: look at calendar and ooutside through window and tell me what do you see?
i see time of vacations, sun all day, warm/hot etc.

its normal ppl dont sit in front of their monitors and play et whole day like they might do in fall or spring

+1

f.e. i'm leaving for 1 month to volleyball trainings.

as i said on my first post, ppl leave in summer = emptier server after the summer. thts what happend last time, and this time it might get worse.

on ps1 u can see over 30 ppl every day, doesnt matter if summer or not...

Official Member

Postby Evil » Thu Jul 01, 2010 23:53

well as ps2 was my first main server when i start playing on ps servers ;)

its like diamond told and very good and helpfull to bring your open mind for such things dia so a big +1 for pointing out.

as we all know most i stick on 1 server,
but i also think atm to just clim over the hedge and try to give my support when and however i can give to all of u for getting server full again.

as bowdown also write about candidate about a co ownership and i must say i fully argee with Paco as he tryed alot and stick many times in ps2 to keep up as they was before.

Wise good and great decisions and as bowdown wrote as last.

enough discussed as his oppion and indeed its need a time to make some action so therefore.
i will be online on ps2 now aswell.

Official Member

Postby deep » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25

each day its getting better and stronger. only need more maps and levels for new ppl.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 17:05

There was that time, even Allooma opened a topic 'bout it, when the server was alive again with the 3 active owners; Sley, Eisignub and Crossnab :P
They were all of them doing a good job, being active, etc.. Then Sley went less active for personal reasons I guess, and Cross followed without saying anything..
Icy did his best, always there to administrate, talking, having fun, etc.. He did great work. Then, most of the regulars/members/admins started to play "actively" ETPro.. Even I did, but when I wanted to be active back again on PS2, I was kinda the only one. 4-6 peeps max. were on the server. So I started to play again on PS1, and it's my home server again.Nowadays, before I connect on PS1, I always check if there is anyone on PS2 by the monitor, but it's always Paco in spec. I totally agree with Bow btw, this should be seriously discussed and it's time to take action.

FIND NEW OWNER(S) FOR PS2! Not that Icy is doing bad, but Paco is just the right person to work with Icy. Afaik Paco got invited by Icy, Paco is always on PS2, he's talkative, he organises always those Sunday Wars; he's just the right guy, and even if I can't do alot, I will totally support him as I can. It's also up to him if he wants/can pay the server each month.

I'd also want to thank the French fromage Souly who made up the PS2 config, it's perfect. :)

The only thing PS2 needs is an active owner as Bow on PS1 and people who are ready to be there regularly.

PS: Hope my sentences are correct, too lazy to re-read it.. ^^

i can be owner if u want.. xD

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Fri Jul 02, 2010 18:41

where the *beep* is icy?!?!
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 18:48

icefrost wrote:where the *beep* is icy?!?!

he is a big boy now, living in own appartment 8O

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Fri Jul 02, 2010 22:19

icefrost wrote:where the *beep* is icy?!?!

you c*ackhead ! :hyper: :party:

Server High Admin

Postby lis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 23:33

eisig you knob +---D

irc this weekend, i'll come online <3

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:40

i hope so my dear! <3 much love

ye, since he decided to come back, i decided to come back as well :dd

see u tomorrow or so (not during the german soccer game and straight after tho ^^)

gonna take care about PS 2 the next days with all the support by u guys, don't worry, it's just not worth sitting in front of a desk while there are 37 degrees outside, its just awesome...

<3

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:05

big help would be if ppl from ps1 auto-connect to ps2 when ps1 is full

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 22:12

Ajit wrote:big help would be if ppl from ps1 auto-connect to ps2 when ps1 is full

this is already setted up, but with that thing "server full, wanna redirect yes no retry"

Official Member

Postby SturmGonzo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:39

PS2 is great server if u want a real good game without chat spamms, reallife storys on mainchat etc :D

i ve classified it as my kind of "warserver" and ps2 dead?? neva!

yesterday there ps2 had 32 players on, ps5+ps3 and some ps1 mix :D was pretty nice but rly laggy for me :(

greets

Spam Noob

Postby TechLiam » Mon Jul 12, 2010 17:39

Id hate ps2 to become dead. I used to play on PS2 with Crossyard and Icefrost a few years ago when it always had its own playerbase like PS1 has. PS2 used to be Shrubmod and ETPub and it never seemed to die with those mods. One thing I noticed is that PS2 is just PS1 with minor changes. Sure there maybe be little differences such as a different setting but to me they both are practically the same. If PS1 has the same to offer why would people join PS2 knowing its the same just without the players? Maybe people do join, but I havent seen any.

Basically I think that PS2 needs to have its own traits instead of being a "PS1 clone". I say back to ETPub :P (or is that mod now dead?)

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I havent really been here to see PS2 that much so dont take my response that seriously. I hope PS2 becomes a full server again :)

Liam

Official Member

Postby deep » Mon Jul 12, 2010 18:15

thx, its already fixed (kind of), its not full like ps1 but its not always empty either. etpub went with ps4, but new versions of nq are still released every now and then.

as for the settings, id say its extremely different, if u count out same mod.. maybe 4 years ago it was more similar.. right now its no clone of any ps server.

Official Member

Postby paco » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03

TechLiam wrote:Id hate ps2 to become dead. I used to play on PS2 with Crossyard and Icefrost a few years ago when it always had its own playerbase like PS1 has. PS2 used to be Shrubmod and ETPub and it never seemed to die with those mods. One thing I noticed is that PS2 is just PS1 with minor changes. Sure there maybe be little differences such as a different setting but to me they both are practically the same. If PS1 has the same to offer why would people join PS2 knowing its the same just without the players? Maybe people do join, but I havent seen any.

Basically I think that PS2 needs to have its own traits instead of being a "PS1 clone". I say back to ETPub :P (or is that mod now dead?)

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I havent really been here to see PS2 that much so dont take my response that seriously. I hope PS2 becomes a full server again :)

Liam

@ Liam: don't think that Ps#2 is a clone to PS#1, there is same mod, but there are many difference. PPls, and members spoke here about these: so, isn't useful contribution to repeat about strong respect for rules, friendly athmosphere, and cfg settings. I can add only that:

PS#2 is cult server on community, it don't coincide with casual or occasional join-in.

@ to all:
On June server like empty, why did we make a wonder? ...Easy, Icy had some internet problems and other absences come out...
For me the support is many important,
I'ld like:
- (first of all) to have fun on game, to see, to play and to speak with Crossy and Sley in these days :D ;
I want:
- to tell to skeptic boys that everyone can play to PS#2 , with our without High Skill (Mephisto, plz read here) ...hehe I'm most noob PS#2 player, and i have always happy time and fun. :wink:

Like i tell always " Long Life to PS#2!"

8) Paco 8)

Spam Noob

Postby TechLiam » Wed Jul 14, 2010 15:32

Yeah I see now that PS2 isnt totally dead having played there for the past few days.

As for differences between PS1 and PS2, I dont really know what people think about it. I play on PS2 because its the one I have always played in when ive been here at Prime Squadron. Im glad to see that people do disagree with the statement I posted above :)

Liam

Official Member

Postby paco » Wed Jul 14, 2010 15:59

TechLiam wrote:Yeah I see now that PS2 isnt totally dead having played there for the past few days.

As for differences between PS1 and PS2, I dont really know what people think about it. I play on PS2 because its the one I have always played in when ive been here at Prime Squadron. Im glad to see that people do disagree with the statement I posted above :)

Liam

hoping to see u many time on servers, so u'll understand more :wink:
8) Paco 8)

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Jul 14, 2010 20:12

whey, yea if its stable 6on6 im allready more then happy, no need to have a 20on20 server, but like paco said, everyone is welcome, skilled or not, doesn't matter. :)

Spam Kid

Postby L-JAY » Wed Jul 14, 2010 21:02

Yeah its not bad how it is. Brings back the memories a bit :P

Veteran

Postby Sleyvas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 21:56

Yeah I think we will add new NQ 1.3.0 when it will be released. We need well known maps and maybe whole new rotation. I didn't find much packs which we could remove for now (as med satchel pack). I think we should add Dj and Adre again. Because PS#2 should be fun public server. For me there is no fun if Dj is disabled. We could add 1 Adre stick which only boost stamina when we add new NQ. If you don't like adre and dj don't use them you don't have to use them. I try do my best and also try to be more active. I hope PS#2 will be full server some day and we can use private slots :twisted:. If you have suggestion let us know.

Thx

Talented Spammer

Postby mees » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:01

Sleyvas wrote:Yeah I think we will add new NQ 1.3.0 when it will be released. We need well known maps and maybe whole new rotation. I didn't find much packs which we could remove for now (as med satchel pack). I think we should add Dj and Adre again. Because PS#2 should be fun public server. For me there is no fun if Dj is disabled. We could add 1 Adre stick which only boost stamina when we add new NQ. If you don't like adre and dj don't use them you don't have to use them. I try do my best and also try to be more active. I hope PS#2 will be full server some day and we can use private slots :twisted:. If you have suggestion let us know.

Thx

I'm sorry, if that happens, you will loose a regular.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:45

We don't need another copy off PS#1, 3 and 5 I think.

For my part you add a couple off maps where double jump is enabled, but that should be the limit.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby paco » Wed Jul 21, 2010 15:01

Hi,

I think actually PS#2 setting is VG :good:
On past months we haven't problems about ppls presence with this setting.
So, 4 me, actually PS#2 cfg makes it special :D
I think we have to: write on topic map suggestion, add new mod NQ, and especially have a big players and members presence.

8) Paco 8)

Official Member

Postby deep » Wed Jul 21, 2010 15:19

mees wrote:
Sleyvas wrote:Yeah I think we will add new NQ 1.3.0 when it will be released. We need well known maps and maybe whole new rotation. I didn't find much packs which we could remove for now (as med satchel pack). I think we should add Dj and Adre again. Because PS#2 should be fun public server. For me there is no fun if Dj is disabled. We could add 1 Adre stick which only boost stamina when we add new NQ. If you don't like adre and dj don't use them you don't have to use them. I try do my best and also try to be more active. I hope PS#2 will be full server some day and we can use private slots :twisted:. If you have suggestion let us know.

Thx

I'm sorry, if that happens, you will loose a regular.

+1 its the only server that keeps me here, coz of its settings. and i think ull lose some majority with this, and get server full of newb rulebreakers and stuff- i avoid that shit.

and sley, everything u suggested except nq 130 sux.
ive seen u play more at ll than ps2, and i can see why u dont like ps2's unusual settings (compared to other ps servers). thing is- u as a server owner should get to know ps2 regulars and know what they want from that server, not get some lame ideas from other servers.

PreviousNext

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2010