About spawn "staying"

Old server topics and posts from 2011, Read only
Gold Star

About spawn "staying"

Postby Greg » Mon May 30, 2011 23:12

Today I had a short conversation with Hokuspokus about one situation.

Hokuspokus said that stay in spawn when other player brake rules to pip or pop their is not allowed. Said that its work of admins y not mine.
As an explanation said what it prvokes a other ppl to spawnkill..... lol...(never nobody sk'me in time of write !pip in console... lol)

I read a moment ago the rulebook and probably i dont understand good but in my simple mind there is nothing about hmmm Spawn Staying...

The situation was today when much ppls broke the rules on Venice. I !pip several players, but after conversation with Hokuspokus i regretted that. Just felt like a fool, who had received a reprimand from the HA that comes from a range of.

That's incredible, that ensuring that everyone respect the rules, systematically breaking them himself. Let me for a bit of sarcasm, and say that in such a system, perhaps I should get a !ban... I break the rules everyday more than two years......!!!

To date forever after he helped was getting the thanks of the other PS members, and it gave me the drive to help further, because I admit - I like to order. But I understand that the HA have a reason I do not want to discuss this.

I'm sorry that so it came out, I wanted to well. It is silly to me now, because it is not fun to get reprimanded in such a style in a public forum. Rather, I will no longer gave and leave this topic in its entirety PS members.

Maybe a cliché and stupidity, but I am quite ambitious and I do not like such behavior. I guess it will be better as a moment from each other a rest.

.... finaly Hokuspokus said what in situation when no any admins on server, (only in this situation i can take care of the order) i need go to spec to !pip or !pop who brake the rules.... Of course....
For now, I'm just sorry that my work was reduced to a level which is what I did was a simple-compulsive disorder, and no interference in its affairs.

Bye, greet to all, and sorry for my eng - i do it in translator
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon May 30, 2011 23:41

Well eventough the sentences are bad because of translator i think i understand the biggest part ;)

I was online too, and indeed what Hokuspokus (Evil) said was true.
However it is not FORBIDDEN to stay in spawn too see who sk or sc but as evil said it might be provoking other players to continue spawnkilling.
Therefore the best thing is to do is indeed tell an -|PS|- member or admin about the situation but after you've done that just keep on playing. It's not wise to stay in spawn because it might be provocative eventough you don't mean to be.

Now it is indeed not in the rulebook since it's not actually a rule. It isn't really forbidden or punishable, it's just that it might provoke other players.

Now we very much appreciate the fact that you are trying to help out and really hope you will keep on doing this. But next time just dont stay in spawn, maybe only the first time when you get spawnkilled you can wait 2 seconds or something to see who is spawnkilling but after that just keep on playing, or like Evil said go spec.
In case no -|PS|- member or admin is online and rules are broken just press f12 and ET will start recording. When you are done type /stoprecord in console and upload the demo and post it on forum

Once again, thanks for your help!

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Tue May 31, 2011 1:24

Hi Death

First thx for reply. :) I see how much work you put, to answer the most diplomatically, what is possible. I really appreciate it. :D

Today i understand - Better play funny and not see the problems... Its sarcastic i know... but is true... I dont like feel stupid - today i felt.
How said Hokuspokus - Leave this work for admins. OK. No problem.

I will not count seconds to write that player brake the rules, or search place out of spawn for do it. I only want what the game is fair for all, and stay in spawn time what is needed for watch who do sk or sc for make 5 more frags is for me part of this. This is my opinion. If HA thinks otherwise, beeter do nothing.

Again Thx for reply.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Spam Kid

Postby Method » Tue May 31, 2011 7:13

actually none cares about pip or pop..
so just play the game..
as longer you stay in spawn your team is weaker because you ain't moving forwards.
so in my opinion let the guys , who are supposed to catch rulebreakers, do their job & play the game. :D
25cm

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Tue May 31, 2011 7:14

Death wrote:Now it is indeed not in the rulebook since it's not actually a rule. It isn't really forbidden or punishable, it's just that it might provoke other players.

Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC).

But sometimes it's necessary to wait a bit, to see the people who SK "live" to warn.

I myself don't warn for that hanging around, as long you don't shoot out / go out shoot and come back. You could just be afk.
If you just stand around it's for me not rly provoking, because people know not to SK and it could be the case you just spawned - BUT! if you go forward a bit or move from your spawned position, stay there and wait until you get shot it's provoking :P

But thank you for your help to make PS1 a bit more better :)

So Far
Pan
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue May 31, 2011 9:17

Pancake wrote:
Death wrote:Now it is indeed not in the rulebook since it's not actually a rule. It isn't really forbidden or punishable, it's just that it might provoke other players.

Deliberately hanging around (also known as Camping) Enemy spawn and/or your own spawn is NOT allowed and is considered Spawncamping (SC).

But sometimes it's necessary to wait a bit, to see the people who SK "live" to warn.

I myself don't warn for that hanging around, as long you don't shoot out / go out shoot and come back. You could just be afk.
If you just stand around it's for me not rly provoking, because people know not to SK and it could be the case you just spawned - BUT! if you go forward a bit or move from your spawned position, stay there and wait until you get shot it's provoking :P

Imo there is a difference between "hanging" around spawn and standing still in spawn, that's what i ment :P

But indeed most people know not to SK, however if they are already spawnkilling and you keep on standing still in spawn, it might become provoking.... even when it's not ment to be and you are just trying to help out.

That's the point I tried to make ;)

Now myself i've done this also but there is a difference since i actually have the ability to kick or warn or freeze players. so PS members have a direct influence on the specific player. Like method said no one really listens to !pip or !pop but when they are warned of frozen or kicked they finally understand that the !pip was actually for their own protection of not getting kicked.

And eventough we do believe you when you say you were spawnkilled greg, we can only act on things we have seen ourselves. So if you !pip someone for rulebreaking we have to see it ourselves first before we can act upon it eventough we believe your !pip was justified.

Again thnx greg and pannie <3

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Official Member

Postby wuju » Tue May 31, 2011 9:23

Its simple - you are alowed to stay in your spawn area, and nobody can kill u there.
Of course you are not alowed to shoot from there, but like Cake <3 said, u can be afk. So if we will follow those words above - beeing afk is provoking sk?

I know what Hokus (Evillo) mean. When u see some -|PS|- in server just PM, him
about rulebreakers, if he wont respond, try with F12 - recording demo and posting
it in forum. Im sure it will be better solution than !pip or !pop :) I know it from time when i wasnt member - look at archives :)

You shouldnt feel bad cause of Evil words, im sure it was none bad feelings from him.
We rly apriciate your help.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Tue May 31, 2011 10:41

Death wrote:But indeed most people know not to SK, however if they are already spawn killing and you keep on standing still in spawn, it might become provoking.... even when it's not meant to be and you are just trying to help out.

I got an other vision about this matter. In my opinion standing still in spawn is no any way to provoke. A player being afk in spawn is an common situation which can happen during game. In my opinion Greg is in this way not provoking people to kill him spawn, it is just a realistic test to see which players deliberately brake the rules.

Death wrote:Now myself I've done this also but there is a difference since i actually have the ability to kick or warn or freeze players. so PS members have a direct influence on the specific player. Like method said no one really listens to !pip or !pop but when they are warned of frozen or kicked they finally understand that the !pip was actually for their own protection of not getting kicked.

There is in my opinion not a difference between a regular staying in spawn, or an member/admin staying in spawn. In the scenario above you actually state that is anyhow not allowed to stay still in spawn, so both should not be allowed. If I see a regular like Greg staying still in spawn, and a moment later I see in console 'Greg has been killed by', I got enough proof to give a warn/ other punishment to the rule-breaker.

Conclusion:
Regulars/non-members should stick to the same rules as members/admins, members/admins are allowed to stay still in spawn to catch spawn-killers, than regulars have this same right. Though deliberately being in spawn-area is not allowed (like shooting mortar from it), pretending to be afk should be allowed. It is a way to create a realistic situation, allowed in our rulebook, in which other people break our rules.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Tue May 31, 2011 11:52

You are walking on the street and catch sight of a car with opened door and the key on it, would you jump in and steal it? would say that a "normal" dude will never do it and claim that the car owner was provoking him. That's also what i think about the relation between staying on spawn and spawn kill provocation. There is also some people on PS staff who are not agree with this "modus operandi" but i keep defending that it s the best way to catch rulebreakers on a crowded server and the only way to differentiate accidently SK (which could happen) and on purpose ones. Now, i also think that when there are enough admins and members around, regulars have to let them doing the job. Not cause they are incompetent but cause a queston of efficacy. More globaly, you are allowed to be afk on your spawn for few moments and no one have to blame you for that. We can't blame players for something we also do and we never blamed those who post us demos of SK, TK etc ... when they are afk on the spawn, taking the demo.
Anyway, your help guys is always appreciated and we are all thanksful for that.

Gold Star

Postby Greg » Tue May 31, 2011 12:43

Yeah :) Today, of course, my excitement subsided, and i watch this case more quietly. :D

Of course, I have no doubt the best intention of Evil, but he should what could do that conversation not on public, but on PM, the more that you see, opinions are differents.

Sorry for the confusion and Thx for reaccion guys. Cya on server.

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2011