Mafia game 23 - Subscription topic

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Official Member

Mafia game 23 - Subscription topic

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 10:30

Mafia Game 23 - Subscription

No you’re not dreaming! (Although if you need more convincing I could cause some physical damage…)
This is the subscription topic for the next mafia game!

Now, I would like EVERYONE, to carefully look at the roles.
Some roles are different from last time + There is a new mafia role added, and some removed. So please take a good look, so we can avoid confusion.

Before I explain the Rules, How it’s played etc. I want you all to know… Copy paste - FTW!

Btw: More roles will be added, if the number of players is too great for the few roles.
--------------

The Theme:

PSville is being terrorized by the dirty mafiosos.
The military has been called in by the Agent (Detective), to help remove the mafia, once and for all.

--------------

What the hell is the Mafia Game?

Mafia, the Game is a variant of a game called Werewolf, Assassin or Witch hunt. It is a party game in which a bunch of people are divided in two groups: in this case the Innocents and the Mafia. The two groups react with each other using a web-based forum in which they post their thoughts, questions, and accusations.
However, that is not all. The game itself simulates a virtual world as it were - the game is divided into day and night cycles. During each day cycle all of players communicate with each other while trying to either influence, confuse, or set-up somebody so that, in the final analysis, the outcome would serve their interests (i.e. winning the game). Night is quite different from day though. During each nightime players are in their 'homes', inactive (i.e. public thread is locked), while the resistance, using a separate forum, is planning their next move (who to attack during the night, how to confront other players during day time etc.)

That is basically all in a nutshell I've got to say about this cloak and daggery game. Should any further questions arise don't hesitate to PM SpyCow or Blazing without hesitation.

Characteristics and changes of this game to previous games:

Anonymous Names - For the purpose of this game every single player will be given a name in the game. Using this name he will appear on game forums.

Separate Forums - The game will be played again on separate forums (the reason is each and every player need a special account and since this time me and Blazing are narrating the game we need to be able to moderate the forums/threads, which, as neither of us is not ps member, we are unable to do).

What happens now?

Now you need to subscribe in this thread by saying something to the effect that "I am in" etc. Subscription deadline is 5th June 2012, that means you've got roughly a week to subscribe.
After subscription period is over you will be PMed a link to newly created forums with further information.

RULES

-Sending/quoting/paraphrazing a PM from a narrator is FORBIDDEN and will result in instant death from above.

-Activity is essencial in this game, and therefore we have decided that at least 1 public forum message per game day will be required from all currently living players. Upon 1st breach of this rule player will be warned, upon 2nd breach player will be killed. Take in consideration the more active you are the more fun the game will be.

-It MAY be forbidden to reveal/lie/tell/describe/imply your role in public. As this option is highly dependent on the amount of players it will be specified once subscription is over. (Note: This will also apply in telling your role indirectly, such as saying "You should thank me Bob for being protected last night" -> person is most likely Doctor. Just to clarify.)

-Talking about the game OUTSIDE the forums with fellow players is FORBIDDEN for all players with exception of Mafia and Channeler.

-Mafia cannot use their abilities on each other. Doing so will result in INSTADEATH. This is because mafia's ability usage is told in a night recap and targets will be revealed as non-mafiosos.

-If Mayor dies, he will be re-elected.

Roles

Innocent roles:

Military Medic (Doctor)
Side: Innocents
Ability:Protect a person from death during night time.
When can be used: Active during night, target can be switched at anytime.
Detailed description: Each night Doctor protects one person of his choosing from death, whether it was regular mafia hit, Hitman hit or Vigilante hit. To protect someone as Doctor, send the host a PM of a person you want to protect. If you do not name your target, you will automatically protect yourself the next night. If you desire to keep protecting a person you must send a PM each night or tell narrator to protect someone "until further notice." Protecting someone does NOT prevent other abilities to be used on the target, such as prostitute's STD.

Agent (Detective)
Ability: Investigate a person to get his role once per night
When can be used: Only at night
Detailed description: Each night Detective can choose a person by name to find out what role that person has. To do so he must send a PM to the host of the desired person. Narrator will then send him a message of the results. If detective doesn't send narrator his target by the end of night, there will be no investigation. Investigations do not stack, so Detective doesn't get extra investigations if he forgot to make on earlier. One investigation per night. If for some reason there's a role change in detective's earlier investigations, Detective will be given the new information without need of a new investigation e.g someone becomes the Mayor.

Field radio operator (Channeler)
Ability: Give anonymous messages from the dead each day.
When can be used: At night or day, but only once per 24h in game time (= only at night phase or only at day phase)
Detailed description: Channeler can give a dead person a chance to talk once (or as many times he wishes) more. This is done by sending a PM to the narrator about who poor soul is allowed to make the message. Narrator will then inform the dead person (if Channeler hasn't already) of this opportunity. The dead person's message will be shown as soon as possible, usually when night phase ends. Channeler can also contact any dead person off the forums as he pleases. Contacting a dead mafia player is a bad idea tho, as mafia is still allowed to talk to each other after death. How you might say? Voodoo.

Innocent
Ability: Plain innocents have no special abilities. They only have their wits and gut feelings.

Mafia roles:

Bomberman
Side: Mafia.
Ability: Blow Innocents/Mr. Gray up.
When can be used: Night.
Detailed description: First time the Bomberman will use his ability, there is a 75% chance of success:
-He targets someone – Success - Bomberman will stay alive, however the target might die (Depending on whom the target is).
- He misses – Failure – Bomberman will die, the target will stay alive.

Second time the Bomberman will use his ability, there is a 25% chance of success:
- He targets someone - Success - bomber will stay alive, however the target might die (Depending on whom the target is).
- He misses – Failure – Bomberman will die, the target will stay alive.
Doctor > Bomberman
Bulletproof > Bomberman
Bomberman > Any other Innocent role.

If the Bomberman targets Mr. Gray, 1 will die, 1 will live, In these possible scenarios:

First Bomberman attack - Bomberman targets Mr. Gray, without he has dodged an attack, It will count as a dodge. The Bomberman will die or live (Fifty-Fifty) .

Second Bomberman attack - Bomberman targets Mr. Gray, without he has dodged an attack, it will count as a dodge. The Bomberman will die.

If he wishes to use his ability AT NIGHT, he call PM the Narrator.

Torturer
Side: Mafia
Ability: Can find out one person's roles once in the game.
When can be used: Only at night.
Detailed description: Torturer can, just like the detective, find out a persons roles. This is done by sending a message via secret forums or pm the narrator about who he wants to target. Narrator will then give all the information about the target regarding to the roles. Unlike detective however, this ability can be used only ONCE. If there's a change in Torturer's target's roles, Torturer will be informed.

Special roles:

Mayor
Side: Either Innocent or Mafia
Ability: One extra vote in the daily lynch process
When can be used: Only at day.
Detailed description: By sending a pm to the narrator, Mayor can give additional vote in the lynching process. The forums will be informed about him using the vote, however he will remain anonymous. Mayor can also name is predecessor if he wants to.

Bomb Leader (Boss)
Side: Mafia
Ability: One extra vote in the nightly mafia kill process
When can be used: Only at night.
Detailed description: Boss is optional role that can be given among the mafia if they wish so. Boss's vote is counted as two when mafia is deciding who to kill. The only reason for this is to secure mafia reaching majority in their kill, in case someone goes unexpectedly inactive. Boss can only be elected on the first night and if he dies there will be no re-election.

-----------

Subscriptions will be open until Tuesday the 5th June.

----------

Ckey

Davies

Leo_The_God

Falbik

St-Shadow

Toup

Lazy-Kitty (Lazy-Lion)

Egglaf

Diclonius

Icecreamy
----------
Last edited by SpyCow on Mon Jun 04, 2012 18:23, edited 16 times in total.
Image :wth:

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Thu May 17, 2012 10:34

ckey, of the order of key, says 'i am in'.

OT:
spylady wrote:That is basically all in a nutshell I've got to say about this cloak and daggery game.

sush sush you copy paster, that is my english! :D
Image Thx Talib :> | (old one) (old one #2) Thx to falb :>.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Thu May 17, 2012 10:48

In. Rolling for Bomberman!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Re: Mafia game 23 - Subscription topic

Postby ckEy » Thu May 17, 2012 10:55

SpyCow wrote:Mafia Game 22 - Subscription

Erhmmmm. You are such a copy paste, rename to CTRL+CV :>.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu May 17, 2012 10:58

Another game coming on wrong moment. Going to skip this one too.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 11:02

ckEy wrote:
SpyCow wrote:Mafia Game 22 - Subscription

Erhmmmm. You are such a copy paste, rename to CTRL+CV :>.

:rofl:

FAIL :roll:

EDIT: Saukko, why is it a bad time? 8O

Server High Admin

Postby Leo_The_God » Thu May 17, 2012 11:13

+1 i'm in
GoD is DeaD

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Thu May 17, 2012 11:33

juhu .... im in ..but when we start ?
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 11:39

Probably... 23th.

If we got a nice amount of players, we'll start before.

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu May 17, 2012 11:58

It is a bad timing because of the last exams this school year.

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 12:19

Oh.

Well, If a few players can't join because of that... I guess we could...
Hold a little pause... (If there ain't 13+ players subscribed)

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Thu May 17, 2012 13:16

well for me personally it would also be better if it were rescheduled ... :)

[C]

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Thu May 17, 2012 13:25

I guess we could do that... Will have to talk to Blaz about it :P

EDIT: What dates do you have in mind?

Official Member

Postby St-Shadow » Thu May 17, 2012 19:14

me
Once upon a time there was a Drum and a Bass, on first date they kissed, second date they planned to marry, then they married and became Drum'n'Bass. On they honey moon they had sex and after 9 months DUBSTEP WAS BORN !

Official Member

Postby Toup » Thu May 17, 2012 19:41

Sup

Official Member

Postby Death » Thu May 17, 2012 22:46

Also not sure if i would want to join this one with this date,

for me it would be nice to start around 6/7/8 June

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Thu May 17, 2012 23:10

I am in.

Any time is good. :) But not too late, though. ;D
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Official Member

Postby Death » Thu May 17, 2012 23:20

lazy-lion wrote:I am in.

Your parents todl you you couldnt game, mafia "game" is a game!

bad boy!

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Thu May 17, 2012 23:24

Death wrote:
lazy-lion wrote:I am in.

Your parents todl you you couldnt game, mafia "game" is a game!

bad boy!

Yeah, I am so naughty! This morning I even played a card game. Like soooo badass!
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." - Gary Lineker

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Thu May 17, 2012 23:39

Separate Forums - The game will be played again on separate forums (the reason is each and every player need a special account and since this time me and Toup are narrating the game we need to be able to moderate the forums/threads, which, as neither of us is not ps member, we are unable to do).

nab :roll: :P

toup isnt hosting this 1 but this sexy one does:) and blazign ofc:D

thanks diamond:)

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri May 18, 2012 8:49

Couldnt be arsed... CHecking the whole copy paste. :mrgreen:

Anyway, you're all driving me crazy... so...

The Mafia Game, Is moved to the 5th June.
That means:

The Subscription will end the 5TH JUNE!

Official Member

Postby ckEy » Fri May 18, 2012 10:47

SpyCow wrote:Couldnt be arsed... CHecking the whole copy paste. :mrgreen:

I wrote the entire 'copy paste' you silly bugger :D. The best you could do is read what you copy you lol :D.
Ye, 5th of June is much more accceptable for me :). Thenk ju.

[C]

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri May 18, 2012 11:00

Spam God

Postby lazy-lion » Fri May 18, 2012 12:20

Spy, I am NOT a cat... Get it? :D

Though 5th of June will be just good. :)

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Fri May 18, 2012 12:50

I am in.

Next

Return to General Discussion