Selfkill in fight

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Veteran

Selfkill in fight

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45

Today I got warned for doing "selfkill in fight". It actually is not the thing what happened here so let me explain how the situation went.

We were playing Library. Allies had their spawn at the command post. I killed couple of players not so far away from the spawn. When I was done, I went through the Allied spawn and after that I noticed I was lack of ammo I pressed "K" button to do a selfkill. After that i got warned for selfkill in fight. This actually isn't true since 1. you can't do selfkill (/kill) while you are being hit. Server settings have been set that you if you get shot you are not able to do a selfkill, so if I would have got shot I wouldn't been able to do a selfkill but in this case I was able to do a selfkill. Here you can see all the possibilities of g_slashkill:
Code: Select all
 g_slashkill (Changed in 1.2.5)

Description
    This is a bitflag cvar that controls how your charge bar is filled after a suicide by /kill.

Parameters
    Type: bitmask

1    Player spawns with half charge bar after /kill.
    2    Player spawns with 0 charge bar after /kill.
    4    Restores the charge bar to the same state it was in at the moment the player issued /kill (regardless of how long they were in limbo), (sticky charge).
    8    Disables /kill command.
    16    Disable /kill when player is poisoned.
    32    While in limbo after a /kill, charge bar fills normally.
    64    Disables /kill while in a fight.
    128    Disables /kill while player is frozen (1.2.5 and higher).

Default: 0

2. I was not shooting at anybody, I did not hear or see anybody while or after I went through the spawn.

In fact I wanted to point something out but it seems that forums rulebook is missing totally the selfkill part. But let me tell what kind of situations and problems this actual selfkilling may bring.

If you just put into rulebook "No selfkilling in fight", what does it actually mean? Since I always try to find every possible way to tell the rule I came out with couple of facts. When are you actually in fight?

As it seems this case what happened to me was unjustified in my opinion because when I past the spawn I heard no gunshots and also I did not see anybody near me. But somebody assumed that I was being shot but well nothing hit me and I made a selfkill. So was I really in fight when there was really no fighting involved? I also seen things like people first shoot at people and do a selfkill while was not being hit by anybody. Is that a selfkill in fight? In my opinion it is, since you were the one shooting and doing the selfkill. Also there is a case when people throw a grenade and does a selfkill after, that is something what is seen in ETPro quite often. I can't judge is that a selfkill in fight or not if you were not actually shooting or being shot.

So again I come with a suggestion at least putting the selfkill rule into rulebook (I have no idea why it isn't even there) and then specify the rule, what really counts as selfkill. Since server settings prevent you doing selfkill in fight anyway.

Thank you for understanding.

- Plastic Jesus
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby blazing » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28

Good morning,

since i warned you for the selfkill in fight i would like to give my side of the story.
as you already pointed out it was near the command post on library where we spawned.
after i spawned i saw a medic running through the door to the waterside. so i tried to hunt him down with some other player (i thought it was DarkCat) we both shooted but well we arent the so called sharpshooters and missed some bullets. so indeed you could have done selfkill.
if you didnt heared us / saw us i dont know so i believe you on that.

about the rulebook you are right its not on forum but it is on server so the rulebook on forum misses a part (i thought it was in there before?)

About shooting and then selfkilling: i would consider it selfkill in fight
About throwing nade and selfkill: i would consider it selfkill in fight

hope my reply helps you a little in some questions and hope to see you on the server again

thanks diamond:)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40

It's not in rulebook, we probably should add a small note that it's not allowed, though in my opinion it's not necessary to determine every single aspect/situation in which it's called 'selfkill in fight'. It's clear that selfkill in fight is more than the NQ parameter that makes selfkill impossible in certain situations. If you are for example almost shot by a panzerfaust or a riflegrenade you are not yet hit, but if you kill yourself it would be stupid to deny that you were not in fight.

I think selfkilling is anyhow very rare in NQ so let's not make a big deal out of it :).
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Website Manager

Re: Selfkill in fight

Postby warren-the-ape » Thu Jan 31, 2013 13:48

Plastic_Jesus wrote:So again I come with a suggestion at least putting the selfkill rule into rulebook (I have no idea why it isn't even there) and then specify the rule, what really counts as selfkill. Since server settings prevent you doing selfkill in fight anyway.

You answered your own question.

It has been removed from the Rulebook cause server settings prevent the most obvious cases.

So the warn wasn't necessary.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

Veteran

Re: Selfkill in fight

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 14:05

warren-the-ape wrote:It has been removed from the Rulebook cause server settings prevent the most obvious cases.

So the warn wasn't necessary.

Well that is pretty much case solved then? Well I did not think it being that easy.
Locking time?

Thank you for your time.

- Plastic Jesus
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Return to General Discussion