Saving PS -.-

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
PS Founder

Saving PS -.-

Postby landser » Tue May 08, 2007 17:15

i need your help :lol:

my bank account is almost empty because some PS server owners are for some months afk and will pay later for the PS servers, that no problem but i counted and checked: the money i get by server selling and donations and advertizment is not reachin (missing very much money :( )

but its no prob with your help ;)

all the problems happened when we moved servers from server4you to hetzner to fix the lag and they are almost fixed ... but the problem is: i still have to pay for the roots of server4you because they fixed the lag (to keep me in order to pay) ...

but thats no problem because now i can host some gameservers on these two free roots which i can sell to some gamers (the amount of PS servers will be the same, i will sell these servers to some other people)

so it would be nice if YOU could post following text in some gamers forum ... copy the text and search google for some people who want a gameserver or search a forum where you can do these offers ...

the 2 textes are in german and english and contain the same massage, there is my icq + msn + email inside, so the people can contact me and i will give them a gameserver (for money for PS :P ) so you only have to post the following massage (the german massage in a german forum, the english one in an english forum) with this support i should get enuf clients to earn enuf money for PS :)

English text:
Code: Select all
Hi
It doesnt matter when this post was down, you will get allways a perfect gameserver.
Do you look for a gameserver with nice ping and support which also doesnt cost that much? You can reach me via ICQ: 236-439-299 MSN: landser_ger@hotmail.de or email: fast.serva@gmx.de
Come and check our prices ... you will love them ;)

No Sponsoring!

German text:
Hi

Egal welches Datum dieser Post hat unter der folgenden ICQ Nummer kriegt ihr immer einen günstigen Gameserver mit perfekten Pings ...

Meldet euch einfach und informiert euch kostenlos ...

Aber: KEIN SPONSORING!

MSN: landser_ger@hotmail.de
Email: fast.serva@gmx.de

btw, i also posted massages like this and i got a bit success (1 client now) but i only got 10 forums by google ... maybe you know more forums were you can post these massages.

thx for reading and more thx for posting, you realy help PS :)

thx, landser

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Tue May 08, 2007 17:27

Thats horrible to hear, that PS is going down :( Well I sent that english thingy to one forums. Dont know if anything happends, but i hope.

U can do it landsy! we thrust In U :D

Spam Pro

Postby Frodo » Tue May 08, 2007 17:49

LANDSER! I think i've got someone who would buy this server. He needs... CS 1.6/CSS server. I'm going to post if he really want a server.

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Tue May 08, 2007 18:36

Srry for this another message.

I just had one idea. Dont know if its good.
Put servers to auction or Ebay. Everyone wants to buy something right? That also would be easier than sending that message around. And U could put that message to front page too.

Veteran

Postby Xander » Tue May 08, 2007 19:29

Golden i think that's a good idea yes !
Try that landser ! Really Ebay sell all , u can find informatic stuff but also some bullshits so.....why not this perfect servers !

I don't know if selling something have a cost but if not try, u have nothing to loose ! :D
-|PS|-*Xand3r'.....Cop for Prime-Squadron

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Tue May 08, 2007 19:39

Xander wrote:Golden i think that's a good idea yes !
Try that landser ! Really Ebay sell all , u can find informatic stuff but also some bullshits so.....why not this perfect servers !

I don't know if selling something have a cost but if not try, u have nothing to loose ! :D

Really good idea or write it in other et forums like etscene :O

Greetz Torte

(I hope any1 buy a server FOR PS) :)
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Tue May 08, 2007 19:41

landser wrote:all the problems happened when we moved servers from server4you to hetzner to fix the lag and they are almost fixed

that's not correct, u should be sometime around on the servers...

they lag like before or ever worser in my eyes.

so before i support this i first want to ask what do u exactly run on our roots?

213.239.219.249:

PS #1 + PS #8 + Download Space + Website???
i think there is something more cuz it lags like hell.

probably u say again, check the configs, check the NQ version, the settings and all this, but well i get realy sick of those lags and u also have to understand this.

maybe it's something what should discussed a g a i n on AF.

well would be nice if u can post a list what exactly is running on the roots. maybe do this in the AF and would be great if u also can do a list with ur costs and the money u get so we can figure together out how to fix the money problem.

think it helps nobody to run still on the new root gameservers from somebody else.

thanks.

!cy

edit: k thanks for the info warren, but i think they also lagged before the dos-attack if i'm right. well i can't say it exactly.

edit 2: but my main question is, are there still some other gameservers running on the (new) roots which also can add something to those lags or make them even harder.
and yea http://213.239.219.249/
Last edited by icefrost on Tue May 08, 2007 19:51, edited 3 times in total.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Website Manager

Postby warren-the-ape » Tue May 08, 2007 19:42

Ey Lands,
How big is the damage? Are we talking about 10's or 100's ? :)
btw have you looked into google ads Lands?

@ Golden
No need to scream murder & fire, its not that bad :P

edit: @ Ice
The website runs on the same root as PS2, PS4 & PS5 (and PS3 in the past),
dont know if you missed the message but the website was attacked by some noob ass kiddy prob causing lags at the servers as well.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." Image

PS Founder

Postby landser » Tue May 08, 2007 21:21

i have to pay monthly around 250€ and i get in around 100 - 150 ... so at least 100€ are missing (per month!)

and ya i tryed 1 year ago to sell gameservers via ebay and i succeded there but now there are too many other gameserver sellers :(

the forum posting should work ... i hope ...

and ice: on the root where PS1 runs are: PS1 + PS8 + downloadspace of ps1 + ps8 + 1 css gameserver ...

3 servers on a root where i normaly ran 7 gameservers :S

i will ask some people how to make it unlaggy ...

Veteran

Postby wenszy » Tue May 08, 2007 23:29

if some dutch one have paypal i want to make a little donation of 2 - 5 euro a month. This for landser or a ps owner. i have internetbankieren but i dont want to sign in for a paypal thingie.

maybe you have paypal warren ?!
well to solve all my problems
to get out of drugs
i'd had enough of that
i decided i was gonna'
find a new way of life

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed May 09, 2007 0:08

ok thanks for the reply lands, i also can donate (but not over paypal) but i think it's not a final solution cuz those 100-150 € are needed every month like u said.

i also will have a look who wants to get a gameserver.

how long u have still to pay for s4y?
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

PS Founder

Postby landser » Wed May 09, 2007 21:05

thx for you help people, i hope you keep on writing posts on some forums ...

and ice: i have to pay until february - 125€ / month for server4you + 110€ / month for hetzner ...

if i get around 6 more new clients for my gameservers, it should be no problem to manage this ;)

Veteran

Postby DonPadreArni » Thu May 10, 2007 11:37

Polish text :wink: :

[quote]Hi
It doesnt matter when this post was down, you will get allways a perfect gameserver.
Do you look for a gameserver with nice ping and support which also doesnt cost that much? You can reach me via ICQ: 236-439-299 MSN: landser_ger@hotmail.de or email: fast.serva@gmx.de
Come and check our prices ... you will love them ;)

No Sponsoring![/quote]

Profesionalny Niemiecki Game Server
w rozgrywkach klanowych nazywane neutralnymi ze wzgledu na dobra jakosc polonczenia z pozostalymi panstwami europejskimi i nie tylko

GWARANTOWANE:
-Dobra jakosc polonczenia (ping)
-fachowa i szybka pomoc w razie problemow
-przystepna cena

kontakt: (wymagana znajomosc jezyka angielskiego lub niemieckiego)
MSN: landser_ger@hotmail.de
email: fast.serva@gmx.de

NIE SPONSORUJEMY!

Veteran

Postby Invincible » Thu May 10, 2007 11:59

What kind of specifications does the dedi server have?
because I am sure you can run other games which would increase the chance of buyers, just check http://www.gamesitestop100.com/ or http://www.gtop100.com/ basicly almost all of those are private servers, and I guess the 'market' should be bigger because alot of those are running on crappy servers or just a home computer... well tell me/us what the server are able to support gamewise...

Veteran

Postby Mobius » Thu May 10, 2007 16:05

dind't readed al the post only the post of landers.

But i wanna say that i wil coppy and paste that text on game forums.
Even if i'm stil AFK from E.T. :)

PS Founder

Postby landser » Fri May 11, 2007 19:10

thx for your big help people :)

but until now i unfortunately got no new client yet :(

and i think i am able to install almost every game on the roots besides i find the linux server installation file somewhere in google ...

at least for now i can install:

Wolfenstein - ET
Counterstrike - Source , 1.6 , Condition Zero
Day of Defeat
Medal of Honour Allied Assoult
GTA San Andreas MP
(+ every steam supported game)

until now nobody else asked me for other games so i didnt have to search for the startfiles of the missing games ...

Return to General Discussion