Surf safely without anti virus/spyware/malware

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam Kid

Surf safely without anti virus/spyware/malware

Postby hero2zer0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 23:02

http://www.sandboxie.com/ The site contains well written documentation and the guys at the forums are quick to respond.

Sandboxie is a wonderful and free (you can register to enable some features but the free version is good enough by itself) virtualization program allowing you to surf the web (or run any program installed on your computer) possibly removing the need for any resource heavy anti virus/malware/spyware programs (not recommended but could improve gaming performance by quite a bit). What it does is basically create an "image" of your comp only allowing read operations to be performed on the "real" data but denying any write operations (instead it "writes" to the sandboxed data which can be flushed at any time). I myself have been using it for almost 3 months now and even thought I still use an antivirus program, I just feel safe knowing any damage to my OS is a click away from fixing. I'm not trying to advertise the product, just to give a nice idea on how to boost your gaming performance :roll:

EDIT: more on Sandboxes and reviews can be found at the "Tech Support Alert" website
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." - Jules Winnfield.

Bronze Star

Postby fluffY » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:15

Hm. xP Think it is great thing.

Worth A Try.

i mayb download later. :P

Return to General Discussion