Rule against Account Sharing

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam Pro

Rule against Account Sharing

Postby Siamat » Tue May 06, 2008 11:34

Hi i openedthis topic to suggest a new rule... Account Sharing. It should be against the rules because it can cause trouble for the real owner if someone else plays on he's account. Take Mcmiljac. He got banned from PS#5 because he's son broke the rules and i bet other people share their account like #Mr*Epa he shared he's account yesterday with he's friend. Nothing happend but he's friend could break the rules and he could get a perm ban because Epa broke the rules once and now he is clean but if he's friend break rules than Epa is screwed because he cant play on PS anymore and he's friend? He wont care because he still can play on PS.

So with this one i suggest a rule that will make "Account Sharing" NOT allowed. Feel free to post a reply.

Greetz,
Amnesia.

Veteran

Postby Spyhawk » Tue May 06, 2008 12:17

That doesnt make sense, as you cant avoid people to "share" account.

And there is a nice rule : "Your account, your responsability". If something goes wrong, yeah, you must assume it. (and that make sense).

So, basically, this "no account sharing" rule is already in Rulebook.

Spam God

Postby flow » Tue May 06, 2008 15:00

yea i think that too...
if your brother or some1 else play with your account you have to tell them RULES or say that you cant play this game buy counter-strike :)
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Spam Pro

Re: Rule against Account Sharing

Postby Epa » Tue May 06, 2008 16:11

Amnesia wrote:Hi i openedthis topic to suggest a new rule... Account Sharing. It should be against the rules because it can cause trouble for the real owner if someone else plays on he's account. Take Mcmiljac. He got banned from PS#5 because he's son broke the rules and i bet other people share their account like #Mr*Epa he shared he's account yesterday with he's friend. Nothing happend but he's friend could break the rules and he could get a perm ban because Epa broke the rules once and now he is clean but if he's friend break rules than Epa is screwed because he cant play on PS anymore and he's friend? He wont care because he still can play on PS.

So with this one i suggest a rule that will make "Account Sharing" NOT allowed. Feel free to post a reply.

Greetz,
Amnesia.

1. you forget !? from my name xDDDDDDDDDd
2.he plays et to in ps servers hes name is >>Jusa<< and i was next to him when he was playing he little played and insulted with my account *almost beated him after i readed console*

but if he comes to our place again hes not gonna play et ''

Yes i agree with this topic we can make new et for friends or friends can play with own computer and with mcmiljac i suppose you can do own ET ro your son :)

Talented Spammer

Postby TenoR » Tue May 06, 2008 16:50

Spyhawk wrote:And there is a nice rule : "Your account, your responsability". If something goes wrong, yeah, you must assume it.

+1 :good:
-ITALIANS DO IT BETTER-

Spam Pro

Postby Siamat » Tue May 06, 2008 18:22

Spyhawk wrote:And there is a nice rule : "Your account, your responsability".

Well that will be very helpfull when someone gets on he's account while the owner doesnt know it... So if i would go on my brothers account and he wouldnt know and i start insulting people and he starts insulting and he gets banned than it ainnt hes problem because he could not know that i was going to get on he's account and that i would insult and break rules like a maniac...

If you ask me it is bit stupid the "Your account, your responsability"

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue May 06, 2008 19:45

imo
lock the door or hide ur PC if someones gonna visit u, that always helps. and how could that rule of urs be utilised. :D

Official Member

Postby -Drag- » Tue May 06, 2008 19:53

Or log off :P

Spam Pro

Postby Edhell » Tue May 06, 2008 20:19

Amnesia wrote:If you ask me it is bit stupid the "Your account, your responsability"

Yeah any kind of responsibility is stupid also in real life, people should not get any consequence for bad things they have done... world would be so nice then :!:

"Dear sir Admin, I wasn't the one who were hacking and rulebreaking from my account... It was my friend, mother, cat or dog..."

If account owner don't give a .... about what could happen if someone else is playing on his gui, why would the admins do? :roll:

Server High Admin

Postby Miszczu » Tue May 06, 2008 21:01

Exactly, Edhel. This rule is preventing from situations that could bring us lot of troubles. There were in the past loads of unban requests from guys whose explain was always the same: it was my brother, sister, turtle and whoever/whatever else, only not the account owner. We, as admins, cannot check who is playing for real. We can recognise ppl in game only by nicknames, ip adresses, guids. Ur ET account is ur id card in ET world. If some1 else is using it, unlucky u, but sorry we cant help u, it is ur problem then. I can only give u piece of a advice to not allow others play on ur account, or explain them the rules which they need to obey on our servers. So, ur account - ur responsibility.
" Bite my metal shiny ass!!!"

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Wed May 07, 2008 10:16

Pointless rule. Like said 1000 times already, ur account, ur responsibility, period. Its especially hard if U have shared net like some people around do.

Spam Kid

Postby l0os » Wed May 07, 2008 13:44

make anouther acc you can make several accounts on et just click on an other1 to use it and if your brother uses your account then thats your problem not ours!

Talented Spammer

Postby Master_BG » Wed May 07, 2008 16:25

well you know,it kind of has some sence in it but is admins dont like it sorry!!

Return to General Discussion