Its almost christmas ! (apparently)

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam Pro

Its almost christmas ! (apparently)

Postby Audio » Mon Oct 27, 2008 17:16

Felt like having alittle rant about seeing christmas sales in shops and Tv already.
My mum came back from London after looking at a new xmas tree today. Our old one has sorta lost pieces over the years and looking more plastic as bits fall off. It isnt even Halloween yet! and they are selling xmas trees? :?

My mom and me had a little talk about buying presents at xmas years back and we decided to make a new rules in the family:
"No presents at Christmas, no turkey, family gathering on Boxing day..NOT christmas day and no crackers + party hats."

Doesnt sound Christmas-y to you? let me break it down alittle..

Presents: Buying 'something you think they will like'
We've all been out xmas shopping..it is bull Shiz right? ques are huge, same songs are on in every shop, if you cant decide what to get..it ends up coming from the £1 shop, everyone has a cold and sneezing..just what you want for xmas! On the big day, they open their wrapped present and pretend to like it...seriously!
By not getting presents we dont get stressed, we save money, avoid the rush and germs in shopping malls and trying not to notice your present being put to one side just doesnt happen :P. Santa + presents are for children! adults get presents are for birthdays.

Turkey! : You must have it because it is tradition..thats all
Poor birds live for this day..mass slaughter =( which leads to fights in the market for the best one xD In our family, if we get a good one...cool ! we'll use it. If not we settle for beef. Its a family meal, why turkey? why fight when beef is easy to get.

Boxing day? : Avoid the rush on the roads!
For those who drive the whole squashed family (or presents) in the car will probably know...the road is packed and bloody dangerous! This travel takes a big chunk in our christmas day. Tv, kissing grandparents and what ever is bad enough...sometimes the best part of xmas is being home with your presents or the mulled wine + fire =) Getting together can wait one more day when things have settled..less chance of running into jams or accidents. Always a plus.

Party hats: Its degrading, pointless and the jokes/toys from crackers suck!
Dunno about you lot but who the F*k came up with this idea? where does christmas come in here? we're meant to be eating not messing about with such crap. Besides, there is hardly any room on the table anyway! It had to go.

To us..christmas is just getting our family in one spot, catching up and having a meal like the good old days. We send cards and have a tree like everyone else, but we laugh at everyone who goes overboard.
I love christmas with all the lights and the general feel but now I dont have to dread all the shit that comes with it...appart from kissing grandparents :?

Have a talk to your family before or during Christmas this year..put this idea forward and see what they think. Of course some of you who have kids just cant :P. Make your own choice about what you do during Christmas! dont follow what the shops, media or Disney tell you what to do! :mrgreen:

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Oct 27, 2008 18:36

Who eats turkey? HAM FOR THE WIN!
Nice point-outs. I havent worn a gnome-hat for years nor opened a cracker.
but imo all funky small stuff is nice to get. I would be more worried about big ammount of soft packages :)

Spam Pro

Postby EminYY » Mon Oct 27, 2008 21:12

gold i eat turkish it rocks DONER KEBAP AND LAHMACUN 4 LIVEEEE :p:p

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Mon Oct 27, 2008 22:18

Whole christmas stay in house and dont give any live signals to my family. On 24.12.2008 23:30 at night go to gasstation with this lazy bastard Tekk to eat some hotdogs. Thats my idea for this christmas, and one more dont watch TV, in this days this smile, happy, plastic people made me made :P

Spam King

;o

Postby -Neji- » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:21

The Christmas hm... are the best day everybody feel the peacefull atmosphere (If im gonna find any rulebreaker in Christmas day im gonna kick your ass out of the server You Infidel! :twisted: ) xD

Im just stayin in house maybe too. My parents goin to make the whole dinner and other in our house...doesnt go to grandma (they just doesnt like my father Oo) xD

All what I can say..if someone could be to turn on PC...Lets just meet on the any server and tell some good wishes :) all what i Can say the Peaceful atmosphere forever :)

Greetz -Neji- :)

I can't let you scream

Veteran

Re: ;o

Postby MIKE » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:00

-Neji- wrote:all what i Can say the Peaceful atmosphere forever :)

Amen! :wink:

Spam King

Re: ;o

Postby -Neji- » Tue Oct 28, 2008 23:53

MIKE wrote:
-Neji- wrote:all what i Can say the Peaceful atmosphere forever :)

Amen! :wink:

Let the all Saints and God Bless our server and US to become more powerfull :D :P

I can't let you scream

Return to General Discussion