Mafia game 2: suscribe!

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Veteran

Mafia game 2: suscribe!

Postby Harpix » Sat Nov 15, 2008 15:30

Hello boys and girls,
The first mafia game has already finished and I must say that it was quite funny :)
Now for the second game we hope to have more people then previous game so it would be way funnier! So dont feel shy and suscribe!
Once inscribed you ll be able to read the sub forum and understand all the excitement in the shoutbox :)
Questions about rules can also be asked there and just by reading previous game you should know the rules ;) The game is pretty easy so dont be scared of that!
Here are some quotes about what people think of the game:
lazerbyte wrote:harpix, sign me up for the PS mafia game 2 i cant even sleep normally anymore

Spyhawk wrote:You should play it. The game is totally crazzzy !!

Goldenbullet wrote: this game is too exicting :hyper:

Saukko wrote:More, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, PSMafia games :P and more roles and players :) Thats why I said this game rox :P

FlowerPower wrote:Sure I will Play Mafia game 2, I'm addicted to it :D

And many more :P
Also the poll result told me that 100% of the people who voted wanted to play again! So it could be fun don't you think? Go ahead and try it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules and roles for game 2:

The Innocent roles

Detective (1)
You are the Detective. During each night you may select any one person to investigate and if you survive the night I will tell you what their role is. You may send me your PM at any time during the day or night. Obviously, it is better if you can wait until night so that you can make the smartest decision. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you

Doctor (1)
You are the Doctor. During each night you may select one person to protect and that person will not die if they are the target of the mafia attack. You may protect yourself if you wish. You can protect somebody from a Mafia/vigilante hit, but not from the town decision's kill. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you

Vigilante (1)
You are the Vigilante. Once and only once during the game, you may send me a PM and say that you elect to kill any one other player. If you are still alive that night, you will sneak out to their house and kill them. You are an innocent, so you should choose someone you strongly believe to be mafia. However, you only get one chance to perform this action, so you have to act before you are killed.

Innocent Bystander (1)
You are an innocent bystander. You have the ability to stumble into a Mafia meeting once during the game. You decide when. If the Mafia plan a hit, you will get the name of one Mafia member. Hopefully you survive the night and are able to share this information... But will the town believe you ?

Bullet Proof (1)
You are Bulletproof. You are protected from a Mafia/vigilante hit. You are not safe from a Yakuza hit. You can off course be lynched by the townsvote, just like everybody else. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you

Channeler (1)
A special innocent. Since a child he/she has been talking with the dead and practiced dark arts.
Skill: -The only person who is allowed to talk with the dead
- Can hypnosize the mod to say what ever ONE dead person wants to say ONCE IN A DAY
-> The channeler says the mod which dead guy is allowed to give the message -> Mod receives the message -> Mod does silly dance and announces it in the main chatter.

Innocent
You are an Innocent. You are trying to root out the mafia from your midst and live out a peaceful life free of crime and danger. Good luck to you.

The Mobster roles

Mafia (2)
You are a member of the mafia. Your goal is to completely dominate PSland by murdering and tricking the innocents until they no longer outnumber you. Use Pm's to discuss your hits with your Mobster friends

Sloppy (1)
A special mafioso.
Everytime mafia plans a strike, harp throws dice. If the number is 1, our sloppy will do a fatal error (like leaving a napkin in the crime area) and is revealed as a mafioso, but NOT killed.

Capobastone (1)
You are Capobastone . You are part of the Mafia and take part of all the decision making. You can however take right into you own hands once during the game and PM me with a name to be killed. Your hit is too sneaky for the Bulletproof's armour, so you can kill him, unlike the regular Mafia hits.

Assuming we get 20 or so interested participants, the breakdown would be something like 2 mafia, 1 sloppy*, 1 capobastone *, 1 detective, 1 doctor, 1 vigilant*, 1 innocent bystander*, 1 bulletproof*, 1 chaneller* and 10 innocents.

*These roles wont exist if only 10 or so people are interested.
The amount of mafia will also be reduced in case of low interest.

Play proceeds as follows:

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Mafia players are advised who the other mafioso are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM, innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread. Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". Typically 24 hours each (to allow enough time for infrequent posters).

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will send me PMs indicating which innocent they intend to kill during that round of play. The detective sends me a PM indicating who he intends to investigate and the doctor sends me a PM indicating who he intends to protect that night. The doctor may protect himself. The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb enough not to have a majority in their PMs, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. If they select someone who was protected by the doctor, then the person will not die. Otherwise, the person they finger will show up dead the next "morning." I will send a return PM to the detective indicating if their investigation revealed the subject to be mafia, doctor or innocent.

Once I posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 innocents alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" them. When the person is lynched, I will reveal if they were innocent or mafia and we will begin the cycle again at the top.

Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread.

If there is a channeler:
Dead cant send any messages trough mod without channelers approving.

Pm's of the moderator are for your eyes and your eyes only! Don not post them anywhere! Rule violation may lead to mod-kill.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer muster enough votes to lynch any mafia players.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players subscribed:
    1.)Saukko
    2.)Ninjadeer
    3.)Diamond
    4.)BigRat
    5.)Kripto
    6.)fUnner
    7.)Cheeky
    8.)Wolf
    9.)Daghel
    10.)Nick
    11.)Flower Power
    12.)Pinkrabbit
    13.)Ammz
    14.)Tekken
    15.)Lazerbyte
    16.)Luxofluxe
    17.)Kyuubi
    18.)Goldenbullet
    19.)Spyhawk
    20.)gnortSmrA
Last edited by Harpix on Mon Nov 17, 2008 18:47, edited 16 times in total.
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Nov 15, 2008 15:51

I'm in like always.
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 15:52

If I see lots of people coming I will join.
So count me in and not :S

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 16:03

i don't understand a shit about rules... lets try this :D
Image thx for diamond :D

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Nov 15, 2008 16:29

count me in again :)

Veteran

Postby BigRat » Sat Nov 15, 2008 16:33

Now, i waana play. Count me in... and: rules? where i cen read the rules?
Omg... i am nabb :/ I've found rules :roll:
Last edited by BigRat on Sat Nov 15, 2008 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran

Postby -KrIpTo- » Sat Nov 15, 2008 16:42

Sign me on baby 8) :XD

this game is fantastic!

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sat Nov 15, 2008 17:16

I know you will learn it without rules :P but ask from harp I think he knows where are the rules :)
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Veteran

Postby fUnner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 17:16

i will try to, sign me in :)

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 17:23

Ill be in even though I DONT have a clue what it is.

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Sat Nov 15, 2008 17:37

Raty just read between the 2 ----- lines and you know all you ve got to know :)

For all: When you suscribe you ve got to be active! Otherwise you will get killed by the almighty moderator :p

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 17:40

hmh.
In short: Game is about to win. You are either a good person (innocent) or bad guy (mafioso). You talk here on forums and try to find out who are the mafiosos or confuse others.

You win if you kill all mafiosos (as innocent) or kill enough innocents (as mafioso)

Everyday you say in the main chat of the game who you want to kill (lynch) and after everyone has voted the most votes will be killed. Also, everyday (night actually) mafia will kill one innocent.

But you will understand it more when the game begins.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 18:20

sign me up =.=

But if ill die again in first night... better stay away from servers... =.=
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin

Postby GoldenBullet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 18:23

OOoooo scaaary :S
If I get to be mafioso U are first to target :D
Then to PS#5 too p0w u with panzah xD

Spam God

Postby flow » Sat Nov 15, 2008 18:47

sign me in =)
i want to playyyyyyyy
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Spam God

Postby nick » Sat Nov 15, 2008 19:54

GoldenBullet wrote:OOoooo scaaary :S
If I get to be mafioso U are first to target :D
Then to PS#5 too p0w u with panzah xD

yes, that'll count for me too :p sorry daghy, xD

and yes i'll join in another game :)

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sat Nov 15, 2008 21:50

As I've already said, count me too for Mafia 2.

Let's Kill Daghel the first night again!!! :lol:

Spam God

Postby flow » Sat Nov 15, 2008 22:07

lol :D
dont kill poor dagnab :D
[ǝʌɐS-ԀX] 2# uoɹpɐnbS ǝɯ!ɹԀ Ⅎo uǝℲ

Talented Spammer

Postby PinkRabbit » Sat Nov 15, 2008 22:30

They call me the Godfather or just The Rabb!t :P
Gonne show u what a real mob does ^^ (so count me in :))

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Sat Nov 15, 2008 22:32

Dagh will need a special protection i guess... Count on me Daghy! you wont die!! xD

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 0:14

HARPIX FFS!!! Why am I NOT on that list!? Put me on or I swear I'll kill you :b...

loves Ammz <3
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Nov 16, 2008 0:21

Harpix wrote:Dagh will need a special protection i guess... Count on me Daghy! you wont die!! xD

<3

Special Role - Suicide Bomber - Once per game Dag is able to jump into discussion with his almighty panza and shoot 3 guys who had last 3 posts 8)

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 0:30

nah was thinking more about fomok: You cant kill a fomok and the fomok is able once a game ask who is everyone and kill 3 peeps... Sounds good to you?

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Nov 16, 2008 0:32

Harpix wrote:nah was thinking more about fomok: You cant kill a fomok and the fomok is able once a game ask who is everyone and kill 3 peeps... Sounds good to you?

Make it 5 peeps and it's fine for me :good:

Official Member

Postby tekken » Sun Nov 16, 2008 0:33

hehe:D hmm i understand almost nothing but... :d i want join of course if you want have new easy target :D

Next

Return to General Discussion