About bad behaviour, which is the limit??

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

About bad behaviour, which is the limit??

Postby Betinho » Wed Jan 21, 2009 15:56

Insulting and/or Provoking the Prime Squadron Community, its members or any other player at our servers is NOT allowed and will result in a permanent ban. Respect all players, including the so called ‘noobs’ or ‘newbies’ so everyone can enjoy the game. (Rulebook).

I put this post because i saw some bad behaviours in the last time...insults, bad words, acusations, etc
For example--->f-u-c-k-f-u-c-k-i-n-g----> bad word----> forbidden
Idiot --->insult-----> forbidden
Cheater -------> acusation---->forbidden
OMFG (oh my f-u-c-k-i-n-g God)---->insult to God?whine?----->allowed?
STFU (shut the f-u-c-k up) ----> provocation?? ----> allowed or not??
I put a few examples....exists more insult, bad words, etc but...
Wich is the limit to admin tolerate this things?
I think this post is important because the player read the rules, of course, but they dont know the limit to allowed or forbidden.
Maybe admin or players post here, for this post be clear for all and maybe the player with bad behaviour must be change it, 1 time read this post. (difficult, but not impossible :P ).

Event Committee

Postby FALBIK » Wed Jan 21, 2009 16:06

for me all words BAD :x

my intervention :

!Warn --> one time
!mute --> 120 sec --> one time

still insult/swear/provoke

!kick --> one time

if i will catch again :

!ban 2days/1week/or wery long ....
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 16:13

I dont think words like: idiot/omfg/wtf/stfu/noob should be handled so strictly. In my eyes they arent extremely insulting and they are well known abreviations...

Ofcourse there is a limit. When someone uses idiot/noob once when he gets TKed by for example a panzer, fair enough but when he uses it multiple times for each time he gets killed its going too far.

Besides all this it really depends on the admin/atmosphere in the server. When a group of retards keep TKing all the time and you say omfg, stfu, wtf etc, the chances tht you will get warned are far higher than when everybody is having fun.

Spam Lord

Re: About bad behaviour, which is the limit??

Postby mephir » Wed Jan 21, 2009 16:30

Betinho wrote:I think this post is important because the player read the rules, of course, but they dont know the limit to allowed or forbidden.

Should the rules contain a list of forbidden words? 8O

Admins have to make their own decision - therefore they earned levels to show that they are able to do this. Imho no need to define every allowed and forbidden word...

@Topic:
"About bad behaviour, which is the limit??" -> Admins define the limit.
Last edited by mephir on Wed Jan 21, 2009 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed Jan 21, 2009 16:31

Is it only about bad words? Or someone is saying bad words to others.
example:

Smadje; WTF!!!! imo this isnt wrong

Smadje: WTF RiCkY issuch a beginner This is when u say to someone, this is true, but a insult
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 17:03

Mephir what is tht for a crappy post?

"Admins define the limit"?

So 1 admin bans for using the *beep* while the other doesnt even warn him for it.

This would totally ruin the server, ofcourse there is a limit and tht would be excessive flaming/TKing/SKing or in short rulebreaking.

For example f.ucking jew would be racism against someone from Israel but it would be less insulting towards me. This could cause tht 2 admins would handle in 2 different ways, while they both have the same limit: No racism/insulting.

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Wed Jan 21, 2009 17:19

CheeKy wrote:Mephir what is tht for a crappy post?

Crappy post? My opinion!

CheeKy wrote:So 1 admin bans for using the *beep* while the other doesnt even warn him for it.

Will never happen... :roll:

CheeKy wrote:For example f.ucking jew would be racism against someone from Israel but it would be less insulting towards me. This could cause tht 2 admins would handle in 2 different ways, while they both have the same limit: No racism/insulting.

Imho clearly a racist statement - no matter what country you are. And even if its ok for you, i - imho - dont want to read that on PS servers. Admins should be able to figure out if a message is seriously insulting some1 or is just a "joke". If you get banned by an admin therefore - your bad. You maybe only get mute? Lucky day.

Oh, and btw: this thread is useless...

Spam God

Re: About bad behaviour, which is the limit??

Postby nick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 17:29

mephir wrote:
Betinho wrote:I think this post is important because the player read the rules, of course, but they dont know the limit to allowed or forbidden.

Should the rules contain a list of forbidden words? 8O

Admins have to make their own decision - therefore they earned levels to show that they are able to do this. Imho no need to define every allowed and forbidden word...

@Topic:
"About bad behaviour, which is the limit??" -> Admins define the limit.

you've got the auto-mute for that one, and for the rest i totally agree with ypu :)

Spam Pro

Postby Kyuubi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 17:54

it's true that admins have to make the choice if it's insulting or not.
but words like omfg aren't bad. it's computerlanguage. It's something you get used to. Plz dont be even more strict on things you can say or not.

EDIT: ofc STFU is a different type ofsaying *beep*, cause it's pointed at someone. OMFG isn't
Last edited by Kyuubi on Wed Jan 21, 2009 19:04, edited 2 times in total.
"If you wish to kill me, hate me, detest me, and live a detestable life... Run, run and cling to life. And one day, when you have the same eyes as me, come before me." 

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Wed Jan 21, 2009 18:00

FALBIK wrote:for me all words BAD :x

my intervention :

!Warn --> one time
!mute --> 120 sec --> one time

still insult/swear/provoke

!kick --> one time

if i will catch again :

!ban 2days/1week/or wery long ....

I agree with you Falbik ...but what about the abbreviation words???
OFMG, STFU (i remember Doom was banned for this)...so
STFU ---> forbidden?
OMFG ---> allowed??
What happen with some player call cheater to other player??
Can the player knows the punish???
Mephir ---> you are so wrong man....rules are for all, so players need respect the rules like admins put the punish...THE PUNISH MUST BE THE SAME, punish by Bowy, Rapid or Dame or whatever...
My post here is constructive , i try to help, nothing more.

Spam Lord

Re: hi

Postby mephir » Wed Jan 21, 2009 19:21

Betinho wrote:Mephir ---> you are so wrong man....rules are for all, so players need respect the rules like admins put the punish...THE PUNISH MUST BE THE SAME, punish by Bowy, Rapid or Dame or whatever...

OMFG STFU. :lol:

I think you dont get my post... never mentioned anything about different rules.

If you think you got punished harder than someone else for the same action, there´s a special forum for your complaint: Report Admin Abuse.
I dont really know what you want to change? As i said, if you want to create a list with forbidden words: good luck... Such rules are used in kindergarten...

Edit: Tip: I would prefer if you could write whole sentences without "-->" after every 5th word - maybe then i understand you. ;)

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 19:33

He means tht for all servers count the same rules, therefor each player should have equal punishment.

So tht not 1 admin kicks and the other mutes or something and yes you did mention this.

"Admins decide the limits"

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Wed Jan 21, 2009 19:58

Then we can kick all admins and use only an automatic system. One bad word (no matter which player, which situation, joke or insult) => instant ban/kick/mute. And do you think the complaints or unban-threads in the forum will be reduced by this? I dont think so...

And if there are still admins: You want them to learn ALL forbidden words from your list (all languages, all abbreviations)? If you want to have such a situation, i´ll guess you need to set up your own server.

As i said before: whole topic is useless. But i would be glad if one of these "admins" would lay down the law... (hopefully dict gave me the right translation). :P

Server High Admin

hi

Postby Betinho » Wed Jan 21, 2009 20:17

CheeKy wrote:He means tht for all servers count the same rules, therefor each player should have equal punishment.

So tht not 1 admin kicks and the other mutes or something and yes you did mention this.

"Admins decide the limits"

i gree with you man, no with negative pleople. Here is a post constructive for maybe be a better rulebook or (more big).

If player knows the rules with details, he think 2 times before say bad words, insult, provoke...this is my point of view.

Example:

1) insult 1st time---> the punish go to !warn and !kick
2 )insult 2nd time ----> !warn to !ban perm
4)provoke 1st time---> the punish go to !warn and !kick
5)provoke 2nd time ----> !warn to !ban 2 days
6)provoke 3rd time ----> !ban perm
7)acusation (example say cheater)1st time--> the punish go !warn and !kick
8)acusation 2nd time ---> !warn to !ban 2 days
9) acusation 3rd time ---> !ban perm
10) abbreviation words (like STFU) ----> !warn and !kick

Admin (ps1 especially) knows me no??? please this is for think.....i know is a little more complicated in this way...but i m sure the behaviour of the player change it (or the player finish banned of course).

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 20:36

Who says Im talking about an automated system? Besides tht an automated system cant detect SK, therefor you will still need admins.

Also there is already a rule against all languages so tht argument fails and yes I do think an admin should know the basic abreviations.

Else you might get kicked for btw, idk or maybe even LOL, which would ofcourse be retarded.

You can never make a list with words which shouldnt be allowed, thts why admins should use common sense and not instant warn/kick/mute/ban for small things like: noob, loser, idiot, stfu, omfg and so on.

But where is the line then?

Well, I think the line could be drawn at excessive flaming/insulting/SKing etc and ofcourse common sense. Also spamming and calling everyone an idiot should eventually result in a mute/kick. They arent mayor insults but if it keeps going on and on...then it could cause drama.

About racism, this is 1 thing which I think should be handled extremely strictly and should be ALWAYS the same and if this isnt possible they should just put automated mutes for: Muslim, nigger, jew etc etc.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Wed Jan 21, 2009 21:36

imo it doesn't help to make it even more complicated. we just mute for bad words and that's it. else it will be one big mess, u just need the feeling to know which words should not be allowed. it also depends A LOT on the situation, so it's not possible to make a guideline like this, in my honestly opinion.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Jan 22, 2009 17:39

icefrost wrote:imo it doesn't help to make it even more complicated. we just mute for bad words and that's it. else it will be one big mess, u just need the feeling to know which words should not be allowed. it also depends A LOT on the situation, so it's not possible to make a guideline like this, in my honestly opinion.

+1, bad behaviour is bad behaviour, no need to do limits for it. We will coninu like we do since the begining, all bad words and bad behaviour will have punishements. For the guideline, guess you are all enough mature and wise to know wich are limits, no need to write a rule for any think can happen and said in the server. We are in a public server, it s pretty like a school or work office, do you also have a rulebook there to see how you have to talk or act with other mates/camardes? apply same society rules and limits in a server and don t forget behind each nickame you have a real person. Hope i wont soon have to add a rule sayin you to also use toiletpapers when you finished your WC stuffs :wink: :) .

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jan 22, 2009 20:59

if a player isn't mature enough to know how to speak correctly then he shouldn't speak at all.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 21:30

Well, I definitely saw you saying something in the server Diamond...so tht isnt true.

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Thu Jan 22, 2009 21:33

Diamond wrote:if a player isn't mature enough to know how to speak correctly then he shouldn't speak at all.

+1

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Talented Spammer

Postby CyberApe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 21:40

+1, bad behaviour is bad behaviour

+1 he is right,
Image Image

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 22:00

Bad behavious is bad behaviour...

When a child learns to shit on the floor at home or draw on walls, then this isnt bad behaviour in tht house but when he would do the same in another house it could be classified as bad behaviour. So where do you draw a line?

Its better to say this: Admins should use common sense.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Jan 22, 2009 22:13

CheeKy wrote:Well, I definitely saw you saying something in the server Diamond...so tht isnt true.

uh? where? what? :wth:

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 22:13

^^. Not a thing.

Veteran

Postby CrossYard » Thu Jan 22, 2009 23:48

icefrost wrote:it also depends A LOT on the situation, so it's not possible to make a guideline like this, in my honestly opinion.

f.e. cheater. what if someone say´s that he saw a cheater yesterday?
f.e. OMFG. what if someone say´s OMFG you scared me to death! :D
a.s.o. a.s.o. ......

even if we would put all those words to automute, the people would just leave away a letter in the word/ a space / or put a sign where the letter goes. you just cant realy ever stop it.

anyway, what do we have admins for? they need something to do too. ;)

Return to General Discussion