Mafia Game 5!! Subscribe now!!

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

Mafia Game 5!! Subscribe now!!

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Feb 22, 2009 16:11

Tha amazing Mafia Game is back!!
You don't know what it is?? Where have you been in these months? :)
Ok, nevermind here there's some information about the game and how it works, but before reading all you have to remember one important thing: To be a part of this game you agree on having enough time to make a few replies once a day!!
We only want ACTIVE players.
If you do not have time for the game, then wait until the next round of the game begins!!

Here all you need to know:

Information about the Mafia Game

The Mafia Game is a Forum game, meaning the game takes place on this forum by replying and reading topics.
This game has to phases. A Night and Day phase.
If you consider joining this game make sure you have enough time and will power to read a lot of stuff.

---------------------------

The Roles of the Mafia Game

Each player of this game gets assigned a role which they are to play.
The role is received by PM from the Narrator (admin) of the game.
Your role is only for you to know and NO ONE ELSE!

The Innocent roles

Detective (1)
You are the Detective. During each night you may select any one person to investigate and if you survive the night I will tell you what their role is. You may send me your PM at any time during the day or night. Obviously, it is better if you can wait until night so that you can make the smartest decision. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you

Doctor (1)
You are the Doctor. During each night you may select one person to protect and that person will not die if they are the target of the mafia attack. You may protect yourself if you wish. You can protect somebody from a Mafia/vigilante hit, but not from the town decision's kill. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you

Vigilante (1)
You are the Vigilante. Once and only once during the game, you may send me a PM and say that you elect to kill any one other player. If you are still alive that night, you will sneak out to their house and kill them. You are an innocent, so you should choose someone you strongly believe to be mafia. However, you only get one chance to perform this action, so you have to act before you are killed.

Innocent Bystander (1)
You are an innocent bystander. You have the ability to stumble into a Mafia meeting once during the game. You decide when. If the Mafia plan a hit, you will get the name of one Mafia member. Hopefully you survive the night and are able to share this information... But will the town believe you ?

Bullet Proof (1)
You are Bulletproof. You are protected from a Mafia/vigilante hit. You are not safe from a Yakuza hit. You can off course be lynched by the townsvote, just like everybody else. Use this strong power well. The town is counting on you

Channeler (1)
A special innocent. Since a child he/she has been talking with the dead and practiced dark arts.
Skill: -The only person who is allowed to talk with the dead
- Can hypnosize the mod to say what ever ONE dead person wants to say ONCE IN A DAY
-> The channeler says the mod which dead guy is allowed to give the message -> Mod receives the message -> Mod does silly dance and announces it in the main chatter.

Mayor (1)
You are the Mayor of this town.
Therefore you are able to vote twice when lynching someone. The Mayor sends his secret vote to the Narrator who will then add it in the Game when counting votes.
The other vote you can, just as everyone else, put in the game.

Lawyer (1) *updated abilities*
You are one handsome lawyer who has just graduated from Harvard.
You have the ability to once every day send me a PM with a name of a guy you would like to protect. So one vote against him is cancelled and maybe you will be able to save him from getting lynched.

Innocent (x)
You are an Innocent.
You are trying to root out the mafia from your midst and live out a peaceful life free of crime and danger.
Good luck to you.

The Mobster roles

Mafia (0)
You are a member of the mafia.
Your goal is to completely dominate PSland by murdering and tricking the innocents until they no longer outnumber you.
Use Pm's to discuss your hits with your Mobster friends

Sloppy (0)
A special mafioso.
Everytime mafia plans a strike, Ammz throws dice.
If the number is 1, our sloppy will do a fatal error (like leaving a napkin in the crime area) and is revealed as a mafioso, but NOT killed.

Hitman (1)
You are the Hitman.
You are part of the Mafia and take part of all the decision making.
You can however take right into you own hands once during the game and PM me with a name to be killed. Your hit is too sneaky for the Bulletproof's armour, so you can kill him, unlike the regular Mafia hits.

Torturer (1)
You are the torture.
Your ability is to one night take things in your own hands and break into an innocent's house and torture him/her until they reveal their real identity (role).

Briber (1)
You are the briber.
You can once with every special role bribe them into not using their ability.
You can bribe the doctor ONCE in the whole game from using his ability so the doctor won't save someone 1 night.
You can bribe the detective ONCE in the game to tell you what he has found out when he investigates someone.
You can only bribe these 2 roles.
If the person you bribe is not using his role you will not bribe the person that night.

Prostitute (1)
You are one HOT girl and the prostitute of this Town.
You work with the mafia.
You're diagnosed with HIV and can therefore infect a citizen with your disease.
If you infect a citizen with a special role this citizen will loose his ability for ever and become an innocent. (If a mayor is infected the mayor will become what he was before and a new mayor is elected)
If you infect an innocent, nothing will happen.
You can do this ONCE in the game.

Silencer (1)
You are the silencer. With your steroid muscle body and a lot of gunpower you are able to scare the Prime-Squadron spirit out of any PSland citizens.
Therefore you can make them incapable of voting for 1 day.
You can do this every night.

Mole (1)
You are the mole, with your superior instinct and a lot of paranoia you know when someone is spying on you.
Therefore the Detective can not find out who you really are...
A member of the Mafia.
If an innocent bystander uses his ability and the dice roles on your name you WILL be busted.

Roles with (0) at their names are INACTIVE roles.
Meaning they are currently NOT participating in the game.

Play proceeds as follows:

Each participant gets their role assigned via PM. Mafia players are advised who the other mafioso are. Mafia players are permitted to interact with each other via PM, innocents may only interact in public on the posted thread. Mafia players will, of course, also post on the public thread as well.

The game has 2 phases, "night" and "day". Typically 24 hours each (to allow enough time for infrequent posters).

During the "night" phase of the game, the mafia will send me PMs indicating which innocent they intend to kill during that round of play. The detective sends me a PM indicating who he intends to investigate and the doctor sends me a PM indicating who he intends to protect that night. The doctor may protect himself. The mafia's victim will be selected by majority vote. If they are dumb enough not to have a majority in their PMs, then no innocent will be killed on that turn. If they select someone who was protected by the doctor, then the person will not die. Otherwise, the person they finger will show up dead the next "morning." I will send a return PM to the detective indicating if their investigation revealed the subject to be mafia, doctor or innocent.

Once I posted the results of the PMs, the "day" phase of the game begins. During the day phase, the players who are still alive discuss who they think might be a mafioso and vote for someone to kill. The mafioso are posing as innocents during the day and they also vote with the innocents. A majority of votes is required to reach a decision. If there are 15 innocents alive, then 8 people must vote for the same person in order to "lynch" them. When the person is lynched, I will reveal if they were innocent or mafia and we will begin the cycle again at the top.

Once a player is "dead", he can no longer post anything of substance to the thread.

If there is a channeler:
Dead can't send any messages through mod without channelers approving.

Pm's of the moderator are for your eyes and your eyes only!
Do not post them anywhere and do NOT show them to any one! Violation of this rule leads to instant kill in the game.

The game ends when the innocents have lynched all the mafia players or the mafia have killed enough innocents that the innocents can no longer muster enough votes to lynch any mafia players.

Maybe I will add some new character, after a discussion between the guys who have played the previous games, just to make the game more "spicy" :)

So, what your'e waiting for??

Subscrptions will end on Friday 27th of February and the game will start on monday the 2nd of March .

LIST of PLAYERS

1. Ninjadeer
2. Pancake
3. Ammz
4. Saukko
5. Nick
6. Smadje
7. Mefisto
8. Mephir
9. Lazerbyte
10. Buu
11. Rolf
12. Deaththeater
13. Kripto
14. Gighen
15. Harpix
16. Tekken
17. Dutchman

When you are put on the list you will be granted access to the sub forum and be able to read all the previous mafia games.
Any questions you might have can be asked in the Questions topic.
Last edited by FlowerPower on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:38, edited 12 times in total.

Veteran

Postby Pancake » Sun Feb 22, 2009 16:18

pfannenkuchen eahahhh... pancake -> in! :) :)

hehe will be nice with you flowaaa
stopped playing et. now lurking csgo. find me on steamcommunity with /id/pancookie1

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 16:48

Me me me :D , sign me up ;)
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby Plastic_Jesus » Sun Feb 22, 2009 16:52

Me me me. Put me in :>
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Spam God

Postby nick » Sun Feb 22, 2009 18:11

im in of course :)

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Feb 22, 2009 18:30

How much time it will take a day?

Im in when it not takes more than 15 minutes a day. busy :wink:

so put me on the list, i have some questions, but i guess i can post them in the thread in the subforum .
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Sun Feb 22, 2009 19:02

Im in again...

Official Member

Postby Mefisto » Sun Feb 22, 2009 19:17

put me in pls if You can :)

Spam Lord

Postby LaZerByte » Sun Feb 22, 2009 20:06

Sign me in.

Veteran

Postby Buu » Sun Feb 22, 2009 21:29

sing me in too

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 22:44

Can I join?

LOL at the lawyer being able to remove 1 vote....thts kinda retarded since it would make the mayor his ability useless.

Spam Lord

Postby mephir » Sun Feb 22, 2009 23:13

CheeKy wrote:Can I join?

Imho, no. :lol:

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 23:34

There's 10 answers and 80% chances to guess the correct one:

1 ) no
2 ) no
3 ) no
4 ) don't think so
5 ) no
6 ) no
7 ) dunno, but Earth is flat!
8 ) no
9 ) no
10) no

Which one you prefer?
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 23:36

I do not care.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 23:41

So why are You asking?

Becouse you don't care is one of the main reasons why 'no'.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 23:56

I meant, I do not care which one. I was just wondering if I could join...

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Feb 23, 2009 0:06

No Cheeky, you can't join. And you know why, don't waste your and our time in useless arguing.

Spam God

Postby nick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 0:23

LOL at the lawyer being able to remove 1 vote....thts kinda retarded since it would make the mayor his ability useless.

LOL at cheeky trying to join the maffia game

Spam King

Postby Scary » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:59

owww epix 8O i have to no time to play this game but please keep my access i would love to read it
:D

Veteran

Postby Rolf » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20

i will try it sounds realy fun. but maybe i couldt need some help in the beginning.

want to have fun with all u guys :D

Spam Lord

Postby LaZerByte » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:37

Rolf wrote:i will try it sounds realy fun. but maybe i couldt need some help in the beginning.

Believe me Rolf u can handle it! All you have to do is read, think and try to survive by choosing what you write/vote. And if you have questions during the game just PM to flower.

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Mon Feb 23, 2009 13:18

LaZerByte wrote:
Rolf wrote:i will try it sounds realy fun. but maybe i couldt need some help in the beginning.

Believe me Rolf u can handle it! All you have to do is read, think and try to survive by choosing what you write/vote. And if you have questions during the game just PM to flower.

Right, don't be scared to ask :)

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Feb 23, 2009 14:58

I'm in.
Only one question: when does the night time ends and begins?
because i might have some time before school (sometimes under school time ) and after school. and mostly i'm on the computer till 12 at night.

Spam Lord

Postby LaZerByte » Mon Feb 23, 2009 15:36

The day phase usually takes time 2 - 4 24h_whole_days. And the night phase 1 - 2 days (..- 48h) but it all depends how fast people react. So if you can read the posts twice a day you should be ok.

edit: There is no special time of day when they start or end, its all in the hands of FlowerPower

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Feb 23, 2009 16:51

ok if it's like that there's no problem at all.

Next

Return to General Discussion