MSN DO READ

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam Kid

MSN DO READ

Postby Alan60 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 18:03

if u get the option to update ur msn DONT i had to uninstall it and reinstall an the older virstion as the new one (made in last few days) HOGS RAM for a 30 isk mb program its hoggin 60mb of ram and adds another process called wlcomm.exe which hogs another 30mbs of ram i still have the older installer which works incase u have updated and wanna go back

btw it made my firewall and antivirus both start hoggin ram aswell that caused me some alarm so insta install rollback for me (system restore and uninstall and reinstall old virson ftl :()

tho i kinda liked the new look (not the sounds) but looks arnt enough for me to over look the glaring problem of ram hoggin when its not needed

just thought people would like to know (sent them some nice feedback aswell :D)

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Mar 15, 2009 18:53

Windows updates are the real evil!!! :evil: :evil:

Spam Kid

Postby Alan60 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 19:43

yea i suppose lol but msn should stay as it was no adds and just pure MSN not all this extra crap no one needs

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Sun Mar 15, 2009 20:52

I also dont need MSN :P but still i have it, really usefull when you need to ask ppl something about school :lol:
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Talented Spammer

Postby Buuust » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:57

what u meen ?
MSN or Windos live messenger (unsafe)
i uninstall them both
now i only have xfire with 10 friends

Official Member

Postby Death » Sun Mar 22, 2009 21:45

Haven't installed it because i don't use msn so oft.
But I already have problems with msn. MAybe my sister downloaded it cause lately I have got MSM.. .exe or something active :S. Like alan says it takes 60 mb of ram and it makes your game very slow or (haperen) dunnno in english. it's like stop from time to time. With Gamebooster a program buust told about it shuts it down. So if you have it and you want to keep the msn. Just download gamebooster or before u start game go to "windows taakbeheer" then "processen" Look for what program takes most mb ram. there u will probally see MSM.. .exe JUST SHUT IT DOWN ;) if you get warning it might lead to bad results just ignore and press yes! Now you can play fine :)

@Smadje yes like bookreports or ( samenvattingen) really usefull^^

PS: if someone could repeat this message in good terms and maybe In french german polish and others it''s usable for everyone.

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Kid

Postby Alan60 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 22:58

gimmy the full exe name that shows up in the processes tab in the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and ill see wat i can find out bout it and how to get rid of it

Return to General Discussion