which car?:D

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Server High Admin

which car?:D

Postby blazing » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24

hi there:D

since i getted my driving license 2 days ago i need to ride a car of course:D
i got 2 cars which i really like and can buy.
problem is i can't choose so i'm gonna ask you if you ever drived 1 of them before and can maybe tell me how ít's like to drive in it:D

A golf:

or an alfa romeo:

the cars are not the real 1's i can buy but are same brand and colour.

what you think?

thnx in advantage

thanks diamond:)

Official Member

Postby Nismo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32

its hard to say which one, coz i dont know u, dont know what u like or can driving
Golf:
NO:
have less power per engine liter, if i remember well VW made golf 2 with 1.3(55-60hp), 1.6(70-75) and 1.8(most often with 90HP) engines, thats small and sucks when we look at Fuel consumption per size of the engine they was made with some diesel 2.. but i hate this type of engines :P
have less Standard Equipment than alfa
YES:
its cheaper, much cheaper than alfa 145(ur pic) not only when u buy it
parts 4 golf are rly cheap, so cheaper 2 repair ^^, and they have rly thick metal sheet rly good when rust attack :)

Alfa:
YES:
nice appearance :) ofc 3d type, moree hp in engines than golf and than normal engines coz of their type 'bokser'
more standard equipment, its sth like 'sport car' hehe coz of more HP ;)
NO:
engines before 1997 are often breaking.. and it end on RLY expensive repair coz of his type.. my friend had 145 and engies break and he had to pay for repair almost this many how many cost the car.. thats rly suck ^^

pointers from me:
look for other german car or i propose to look for Japanese cars - 4 me best option, much power, cheap, etc ^^

i hope i help u a bit :) have fun :D

Veteran

Postby wenszy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:15

only thing i know is that alfa cars are really expensive in maintenance
well to solve all my problems
to get out of drugs
i'd had enough of that
i decided i was gonna'
find a new way of life

Official Member

Postby wuju » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12

Parts to repair golf costs nothing.. generaly car is quite good construction

Alfa ... i heard its Princess of Service :)

Spam God

Postby -Gighen- » Thu Sep 10, 2009 13:05

i'm italian....
so...........

ALFA!!!!!! :P :P :P

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu Sep 10, 2009 13:22

My uncle has a Alfa 145, he has never had big troubles with this car, but he isnt a big traveller, he uses it only in the free time, and not for working (so he did only 60.000 km in 7 years).
I can say that Alfa Romeo engines are much more enjoyable (don't how to explain it :P) than a Golf, since Alfa is supposed to be the sporty brand of FIAT.

Golf is a nice car too, more confortable than 145, many friends of mine have this car and they're satisfied with it.
I think you should choose the one that fit best your desire, the confortable Golf or the sporty Alfa. :)

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Thu Sep 10, 2009 14:00

As first car and if you have an limited budget i would suggest you the Golf, reboust car, easy to repair (even by your own) with low cost. I dunno how the insurance system work on your country , but here in France , "new" or young drivers have to pay a "plus" which depend also on the type of the car (power etc ....) so you probably also have to care about it .

Ps : i have a friend who use a mix of alimentary oil and gasoil for his diesel Golf II , it smell but damn cheaper :D.

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Thu Sep 10, 2009 18:07

it also depends a lot on the dates of the car (age, kilometers, crashes, etc etc), but i would take the golf as well for the beginning.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Spam Kid

Postby KillaHilla » Thu Sep 10, 2009 20:11

all the ppl gave really good advices!

all is true:
golf is more practicle, alfa is more... alfa, better look, design and everything. but really alfas are service-costable cars and 'break' a lot. for your first car get the golf. but if u don't have any limitaitons take the alfa. or the better way: get a japanese car - good price, better quality, better reliability (engines are economic, don't brake often, small volume of engine<->more power - japanese take the most of the engine and it still works just fine), and you can find good looking car too.

take for example the toyota paseo, 1.5, 90hp - it is not big engine, not many horse power, but almoust all japanese cars are not so heavy, so this power is enough for these bodies, to be more precise, this Paseo or others. my corolla is just enough for me with 110hp and 1080kg weight (ofcourse u always could want more :D ). still not much liters per 100km. so just check them out :)
stay up and keep shining!!

be peaceful and calm, and in ET wear an arm:P

Official Member

Postby Nismo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 20:44

KillaHilla wrote:or the better way: get a japanese car - good price, better quality, better reliability and you can find good looking car too.

+1 :)

KillaHilla wrote:take for example the toyota paseo, 1.5, 90hp

its not cheap car to buy :) i propose more popular car like honda civic.. well they have problems with rust.. but they have great engines 1.5vtec (if i remember well^^) 90hp, i think its enough for new driver, front wheels driving, small fuel consumption, good standard equipment for price of this car :) 3d model is most popular car among young people :)
btw u still have more more cars to choose :) like toyota corolla, mitsubishi colt(ofc. CA0 1.6 115hp great car, i was driving it and u still have 1.8 140hp^^), nissan sunny (best 1.6 3d)

Spam Kid

Postby KillaHilla » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44

+1 :)
japanese cars have a great diversity, take a look at them too;)

Veteran

Postby fantomas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 17:17

KillaHilla wrote:or the better way: get a japanese car - good price, better quality, better reliability and you can find good looking car too.

but no confort...!
try peugeot 206 8)

Official Member

Postby Nismo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 17:45

fantomas wrote:try peugeot 206 8)

we're talking about cheap cars ^^ 206 isnt,
btw if u want comfort car u must search for middle class cars or limuzine :) small cars havnt any comfort :P
but i think he look for 1st cheap car for new driver :D

Server High Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Fri Sep 11, 2009 19:39

Well 206 is out of production as far as I know, 207 is out since months. So now it's cheaper and not really expensive to buy... But I agree with Sacre, 206 is really small and not so confortable :)

Spam Kid

Postby KillaHilla » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:10

we are all aware that french cars are really confortable, but as i have seen, u can take from a japanese car the best balance of comfort, sporty driving, quality, reliability, and price ofcourse. imo french cars are more confortable, but less stable on more sporty driving and less involving (now here we talk about 8-10 years old cars, newer cars, and specific models are subject for discussion. i monitor the most representative models of the brands).

Return to General Discussion