FIFA 2010 World Cup Topic

Chat & Discussion about the general, everyday stuff
Spam God

Postby Monstrkill » Mon Jun 07, 2010 18:39

What would ye can bet on 100%? :lol: :lol: MONEY MONEY :lol:

Spam God

Postby IceCreamy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 19:03

GROUP A
1st Mexico 2nd Uruguay 3rd France 4th South-Africa (I dont think France will do any good, all players are close to becoming grandpa... and honestly? Take Henry and leave Benzema? What a **** that coach is... Mexico has a good team, they didnt do really well against NL in practise but then again NL pwns ^^ Uruguay has a good attack (Forlan + Suarez) so they will go on as well)
GROUP B
1st Argentina 2nd Greece 3rd Nigeria 4th North-Korea (Argentina will rule this group with their attack. Greece is a former European Champion, so they will go on too)
GROUP C
1st England 2nd USA 3rd Algeria 4th Slovenia (England has easy wins here, they will defeat all. USA has quite a decent team too. Slovenia only has one good player, Stoch, and Algeria beat Egypt so I think they will do better)
GROUP D
1st Germany 2nd Australia 3rd Serbia 4th Ghana (Germany will have some struggles, their team is not really awesome, but more interesting is 2/3 place. Australia and Serbia both have some good players, but I think Australia will do just bit better as the coach is Dutch ;))
GROUP E
1st Netherlands 2nd Denmark 3rd Camerun 4th Japan (NL pwns like always, and Denmark has quite a good team too. Japan suxx, they lost most of their practise matches so that will be not much...)
GROUP F
1st Italy 2nd Paraguay 3rd Slovakia 4th New Zealand (Italy will win I think, but Paraguay will be close. The rest simply is not good enough.)
GROUP G
1st Brazil 2nd Portugal 3rd Ivory Coast 4th North-Korea (Ivory Coast lost Drogba, so thats nothing, just like North-Korea. I think Brazil is better then Cristiano Ronaldo, so Brazil first)
GROUP H
1st Spain 2nd Switzerland 3rd Chile 4th Honduras (Easy for Spain, more interesting again is 2/3 place. Honduras is not much, and since Chile has some problems with this Dutch guy I put my money on Switzerland.)

If all this comes true, Spain will have a difficult route to the win (Portugal, Italy and Germany), but I think they will make it. They will beat the Dutch (Paraguay, Brazil, England) in the final, even though it will be a close call.

Good idea Flower, nice list :P
My Skype account: IceCreamChris
Feel free to add me :)

Official Member

Postby Death » Mon Jun 07, 2010 19:37

Well tbh i agree with most people except beti who says that argentina will win :lol: :lol:

But i do want to point out Honduras. I have a weird feeling about this country and i think that they will do very well. In a group where only Spain has a great team. Swiss is also doing well atm i know but i believe that honduras will overcome them when they are playing eachother. They only have to hope that Swiss won't overcome Spain miraculously.

Also in group D, Serbia will be group winner i think. They are playing really good atm and Germany with all it's injurys they will have a tough time. although they will probally win from Australia and Ghana for sure. I got my hopes up for Serbia.

@Group A which is probably the most even group. Mexico will become first ya. But there is really nothing to say about the rest. It'll be a complete mix of soccer. France with much experience and maybe thinking to easy, causing them to be overrun by the opponent. Uruguay playing good soccer but their team will be a bit less then France, hoping for the effective counter attack vs France heads-up. And South-Africa ofcourse one big mystery. No super players imo, but what to think of the fact that this WC means so much to these people. It's the biggest event in South-Africa in a long time or maybe the biggest event of all times (not counting Mandela's revolution) Something like this will raise these spirits high and make them fight till the bitter end. Imo this is a group in which all matches will be a big spectacular show. I could be wrong but i hope im right :>

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:51

Ok ok, it's me again guys - are you ready for big post :D?

First message:
If it's really necesarry, Robben can play against Denmark!
I just read that on the biggest dutch online-news site.
for the dutch and dutch speaking people:
http://www.nu.nl/sport/2264319/robben-k ... halen.html
Honestly I think that van Marwijk (Dutch coach) won't let Robben play. Just to be sure he won't have any injury again.

Second message:
As I saw Flower's nice analyzing, I decided to make an analyze to.

Group A
South-Africa - They are the home team, still I don't think it will help them so much. If you watch the way they play football, the chances they will manage to the 1/8 finals is small. But though, it's nice to see all those supporters going crazy, it's a great sphere.
Mexico - They have a pretty good team. Their only problem is that they don't win so much. Still, I think they will have a good chance to go to reach first/second place in their group.
Uruguay - I think that the first World Cup winner (1930) will be the biggest candidate to reach the first place in Poule A. They have player who had a great season (i.e. Forlan, Suarez). You see the players who play in the Europian competition all play in Europa League teams. By that I mean sub-top. For example: Valencia, Villareal, Lazio Roma, Ajax. Uruguay also has, just like Mexico, good chances for first/second place in Group A.
France - And now we have France. Whata weird country, as it always have been (no offense :p ). But if I have to be honest, I think the France soccer team is a big mess. First they tell us they won't take players like Benzema and Viera (for some understandeble reasons). But what are there subs? 4 new internationals!! it's kinda weird imo. I hope for France that one of those new players will become a new Ribery, Guly or Zidane. Else, they maybe even won't manage to survive the group stage..

Group B
Argentina - They have great players. Messi, Aguero, Milito, Tevez, Higuain etc. But there problem is. It just doesn't fit. A good coach can solve such problems and make a good tactic. But they have Maradonna. Imo not the best coach.. Anyway, I give Argentina good chances. Maybe they'll be knocked out in de half finals. But for sure, first place in der group!
Nigeria - Nigeria has a strong team. You must underrate them. I didn't follow the team so much, but I saw they played a friendly matchs vs. North Korea which they won with 3-1. Not bad.
South-Korea - I don't put so much hope in this team. In 2002 they ended 4th, but those times where different. The last 2 friendly matches ended in a loss for them. One was versus Spain (1:0), what maybe wasn't even so bad. But there was also a loss (2:0) versus Belarus. Not so good imo.
Greece - I don't think there chances will be to big. But, my expierence learns, you enver know it with Greece. They won't reach the first place in there group, but I've no idea how they'll end finally. It really depends on South-Korea and Nigeria.

Group C
England - England is back! They have a fresh strong team. They have a strong defence but also a good striker. ROONEY! They're a bit in the underdog position. That can be a big advantage for them. Place in group C: FIRST!
United States - The USA always has a good team. They mostly got underrated. I think they'll take the second place in there poule. It is a very tough team to play against.
Algeria - Mm, I don't give them any chances this World Cup. They aren't a big football country and there qualification wasn't so phenomenal either.
Slovenia - Slovenia surprised me in the qualifactions on a positive way. Second in their Qualification Poule, above Czech Republic (!), adn they defeated Russia. Maybe they can make it a bit more difficult for VS, and maybe even for England..

Group D
Germany - Germany. Always strong. A real football country. I've a lot of expactations from them, lets see or they can make them true. If Holland will be knocked out, I'll cheer for Germany.
Australia - I think Autralia will end up fourth in there group. There team is pretty OK, but nothing more then that. They lost a friendly match from USA with 1-3. USA might be not bad but.. losing 1-3 is not so good either.
Serbia - Maybe Serbia can be THE surprise of the world championship 2010. They were better than France in there qualification. They also won there friendly match vs. Cameroon (4-3). Second place for them in the poule.
Ghana - I put Ghana on the third. There team isn't bad but.. it isn't great either. They played a game against The Netherlands, a friendly one. With some luck they can surprise and take the second place.

Group E
Netherlands - We did had a greaat qualification with winning every single match. We have a strong team with good players. Although our defence is a bit weak. We won versus Hongary with 6-1, what is a good score. I think we'll end up first in our poule and reach: with bad luck - quarter finals only, normally - half finals, with a bit luck - the final.
Denmark - Denmark has some famous names but not more then that. They had some weak friendly matches (1-0 loss vs. South Africa for example). third/fourth place in the poule.
Japan - I think they aren't so strong either. They lost 2-0 from Ivory Coast in a friendly match, and if they wanted to make a chance, they should minimum be able to make a draw there. In 2006 germany they lost twice and had 1 draw in there group, I think they'll have the same thing in 2010 South-Africa.
Cameroon - They'll capture the second place behind Netherlands. They'll get 6 points and won't have to many problems with Japan and Denmark. Sadly enough for them they'll lose the battle vs. Italy in the 1/8 finals.

Group F
Italy - Also a football country. I just think they have to reach the first place. Though, it can be hard - as FlowerPower already pointed out - versus Paraguay OR versus Slovakia(!). Atleast I can say with certainty that they will reach 1/8 finals.
Paraguay - A strong team to be honest. In the qualifications third. Above Argentina. I think that Paraguay can make this a good tournament for themselfs. I think they'll end up secondly
New-Zealand - A friend told me 4 days ago he thought New-Zealand was very good because he heard that they got 15 of the 18 points in the qualifactions. I told him that there opponents were New Caladonia, Fiji and Vanuata (Vanuwhat?). If you see it like that way it's a shame that they didn't manage to reach 18 points :p . It's just nice for them they can participate for the second time, nothing more.
Slovakia - First in their Qualification poule. Not bad! They don't have so much famous players but maybe with some luck they can reach the second place. Though then they have to try really hard.

Group G
Brazil - A strong team. They always have, and they always will have. It's like they own football :p . I just saw their friendly match, and they easily won 1-5 against Tanzania. Not the best opponent but a good score though. Brazil will be first in there Group and titel candidate!
North Korea - No chance. They'll end up fourth. Just like new-zealand, it's nice for them they reached the tournament. I heard about 1 good player called 'I don't know his name anymore.' But he can't do all on his own. North-Korea will be fourth
Ivory Coast - The World Championships will be hard without Drogba, but they still have got a very good team with players as: Tiote, Toure, Kalou, Dindane, Kaïta, Eboue, Zakora etc.. They won there qualification match vs. Japan (2-0). They have a nice team, but a hard poule. They will have to fight for second place.
Portugal - Always seen as a strong team, but I don't think they will be so good this tournament. They'll reach the 1/8 finals but more ?? I have my doubts. Even when they have players as Ronalde, Deco etc. Tomorrow they have a friendly match vs. Mozambique. Then we maybe can judge a bit better. I expect 3-0/4-1?

Group H
Spain - Certainly titel candidate. With a great qualification and a great team. They must be able to reach the finals. Spain has the Barcelona midfield + fabregas . A great dfence with Ramos, Puyol etc. and a great forward duo. Torres and Villa. Spain has good chances.
Switzerland - First place in there qualification I thought. They have some known players - N'Kufo, Frei, Senderos but they don't have a great team. They will compete against Chile for the second place.
Honduras - It is the same as Trinidad and Tobago in 2006. It's always funny to watch how those teams always try to play as good as they can and if they score they celebrate it like they became world champions. I see forward to watch their matches but they won't have any chances further
Chile - Second place in their qualification, above Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay. Certainly impressive. I think Chile will take the second place in Groupe H. But they have to compete against Switzerland!

Third message:
Wikipedia has some nice pages about every countries national football team. I made a link in the countries names in the messages above.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:39

SidorPL wrote:
GokuSan wrote:This must be a mistake.. BELGIUM AIN'T QUALIFIED! oO

Won't really watch it though ^^

dont worry goku
Poland too aint qualified we are nabs in football :) but we have beautyful girls
http://nowawmiescie.blox.pl/resource/27a0960b000f784d4a2823d6.jpg

lol a picture of milady :D:D:D

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:11

Denmark will win for sure, I mean come on!! Beat your asses :D
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18

When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Official Member

Postby Death » Tue Jun 08, 2010 16:40

something out of the ordinary? :O

i cant find a thing :P or do you just mean that they've put the groups on their search page? :O

Veteran

Postby Harpix » Wed Jun 09, 2010 13:12

No not that.
Gooooooooogle -> Gooooooooooal :)
When you cry, we ll be there to sing to you

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Jun 09, 2010 16:55

Ahhhh there ;>
completely at the bottom! xD
next time give subtle hints please, like: AT THE BOTTOM
:P

Official Member

Postby Evil » Wed Jun 09, 2010 17:48

not supprice me, but now u see in what country u live :P (Joke :twisted: )

Garfield wrote:lmao, Robben is out already :<

yes, but he join the WC anyway but he dont play the first rounds hes reserve ;)
but he will play.

Spam Kid

Postby MoB » Wed Jun 09, 2010 18:33

Evil wrote:

not supprice me, but now u see in what country u live :P (Joke :twisted: )

:o :o :o :o :o
Hehe ok, I admit Belgium actually sucks in soccer.

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Jun 09, 2010 19:08

lies MoB :>

Belgium doesnt sux... they just arent good enough.
Belgium has some good players but all together they arent good enough to compete with the top.

Like imo Belgium should be able to beat teams like Chili, Honduras, Ghana and South Africa.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Wed Jun 09, 2010 19:53

Deatheater wrote:lies MoB :>

Belgium doesnt sux... they just arent good enough.
Belgium has some good players but all together they arent good enough to compete with the top.

Like imo Belgium should be able to beat teams like Chili, Honduras, Ghana and South Africa.

Dont be so sure about that ;) - Honduras ok. but the rest is better then you might think ;p
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Death » Wed Jun 09, 2010 22:07

Cmon davies don't ruin it :>

I was just trying to make him feel better .. :S

And i think Honduras will be the surprise of the WC :>
They will go out against holland in quarter or half finals :> i dont remember which it was XD

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:26

Deatheater wrote:Cmon davies don't ruin it :>

And i think Honduras will be the surprise of the WC :>
They will go out against holland in quarter or half finals :> i dont remember which it was XD

for me it will be a surprise if Honduras gets 1 point XD
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spam Kid

Postby MoB » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11

Deatheater wrote:

Haha thanks Death ;D

Server High Admin

Postby Betinho » Fri Jun 11, 2010 15:43

in few minutes the world cup is starting!! :D i just show the most beautiful song for me in the world cup football history, it was the song in Italy 1990. For me this song is soooooooo beautiful, 20 years and i still cry when im listening this song (i mean im happy :) ).

Good luck to all!!

[/url]

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Jun 11, 2010 18:58

lol 1-1
maybe a bit unexpected after all, still sad for south africa that mexico made 1-1 :P
anyway, let's see what this evening will bring : France - Uruguay... I guess. 2-2?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Veteran

Postby Ajit » Fri Jun 11, 2010 19:02

davies wrote:let's see what this evening will bring : France - Uruguay... I guess. 2-2?

i think 2-0

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Jun 11, 2010 19:37

imo it'll be 1-2 :>

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 21:37

no zidane no win

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Jun 11, 2010 22:24

yay 0 - 0

could have been a more exiting match
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Jun 11, 2010 22:57

YE! i was closest with my draw:p
oke next match
Greece- South Korea 2-1 ??
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Samuraii » Fri Jun 11, 2010 23:04

boring matches today, but the opening ceremony was a bit interesting. Can't wait till monday :D
"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion