TJ Over Wall With Objective - Snatch

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Official Member

TJ Over Wall With Objective - Snatch

Postby SpyCow » Sat Feb 01, 2014 18:22

Right, so this has been on my mind for a while and I've been receiving different answers from various of members/admins/high admins when I asked each of them Individually. :-?

Is it or isn't it considered TJ with objective in this scenario? :wink: I have mixed feelings about this, given that I've been doing this scenario a thousand times,
until recently, when a member made me aware of his opinions regarding this matter. At first I denied the fact that it's TJ, but then I eventually figured out why it could be. :)

Scenario #1 - Entrances to the objective.

Scenario #2 - Acquiring the Objective and jumping over the wall, using DJ, as a quick escape route.

Wall:

Escape Route:

Opinons? :)
Image :wth:

Official Member

Re: TJ Over Wall With Objective - Snatch

Postby DMG_Kowi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 18:57

SpyCow wrote:Opinons? :)

Nice Paint skills.

In my opinion it's ok. You don't pass any blowable obstacle by tjing there.

Official Member

Postby xochi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 19:08

at your scenario 2 part with the DJ for me that is not allowed because it gives you a huge advantage when playing map. You can just walk downstairs and there are 4 exits you can take .

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 20:12

I dont get it :) Why wondering so much about so simply thing... Rule : " No dj or tj for obj " . Ask yourself, do you need to use dj to secure obj the way u paint ( btw nice paints :loller: ) ?? It is simple. Wall is for somthing build there yea ?

:beer:

Official Member

Postby deep » Sat Feb 01, 2014 23:14

I think the rule mostly applies when skipping a secondary obj.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Sat Feb 01, 2014 23:18

DMG_Kowi wrote:

it's ok. You don't pass any blowable obstacle by tjing there.

This.
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:40

Prime-Squadron wrote:Don't use trickjumps or doublejumps to complete a map objective, for example; jumping over the wall as an engineer to blow up the fuel dump to complete the map. Doublejumping over walls or obstacles without doing map objectives is allowed.

In my opinion you do complete a map's objective via doublejumps HOWEVER you don't skip any of the map's objectives, you just take a shortcut which is available because of NQ doublejump. Even though we should follow our set guidelines (see above) ambiguity sometimes needs to be sorted per situation.

I think it is the same as: is it allowed to jump over a built barricade fence in Marrakech if you run with the obj?
Or use the side wall in Warbell to transmit the holy book?

Back to Snatch, I tend to allow this jump. It's a simple double jump, no obstacles involved, it doesn't ruin the map, so I don't see much reason in forbidding it.

God gave you adrenaline and froglegs, so why not use it ;).
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 17:20

If this jump to secure obj is ok, then i dont understand why on oasis dj is forbiden ????? This is the same situation. So... on 1 map dj for obj allowed on another not ??? :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Feb 02, 2014 17:38

Troyan wrote:If this jump to secure obj is ok, then i dont understand why on oasis dj is forbiden ????? This is the same situation. So... on 1 map dj for obj allowed on another not ??? :wth:

Because;
firstly, in Oasis you will skip one of the maps main objectives (destroying the wall)
secondly, you can't jump the wall from the ground without using any obstacles (trickjump)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 17:49

secondly, you can't jump the wall from the ground without using any obstacles

Ok, it makes sense...

But on snatch the jump is from the roof (dunno it is a ground ? ), on oasis the jump is also from roof... very similar to me...

firstly, in Oasis you will skip one of the maps main objectives (destroying the wall)

but that not convinces me at all... On snatch map u have to blow up wall also if u want to run with obj that way, yes this wall on first floor.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Sun Feb 02, 2014 18:07

I will not a make a problem of it if someone does use DJ to escape the roof.

The objective is easy enough to defend by axis, and moreover you can only escape with it, not reach it. Oasis is quite another case since you clearly circumvent an objective by jumping over the wall.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 18:44

Yea, im also not making any problems if some1 doing this. I know map is enough hard for allias even with this "wall jump". And i see diferents betwen wall jump on snatch ( can do small part of map obj) and oasis ( can complete map obj - blow guns ).

But being precise, and calling things by their names - this 1 on Snatch is clear dj for obj also for me. But like i said, considering hards of map for allias, OK.

:beer:

P.S
Oasis is quite another case since you clearly circumvent an objective by jumping over the wall

But destroying wall is not only way to complete obj :) And u r not jumping over the wall, just from 1 roof to another roof :) I dont want to say that on oasis this is not dj for obj, god forbid. Just wanted to show how thouse 2 jumps are similar. For me at least they are XD

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Feb 02, 2014 18:57

Okay, well, it seems like the majority is not against DJ to escape with the objective.

Thanks! :D One less thing to think about. :P

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Sun Feb 02, 2014 19:39

SpyCow wrote:Okay, well, it seems like the majority is not against DJ to escape with the objective.

Doesn't mean you can't be banned because of it :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Sun Feb 02, 2014 19:50

davies wrote:
SpyCow wrote:Okay, well, it seems like the majority is not against DJ to escape with the objective.

Doesn't mean you can't be banned because of it :twisted: :twisted:

That admin abuse! :mrgreen:

Honestly thought most people would consider it TJ for objective though, since it's a much faster, and safer, way to run to the truck. :P

Official Member

Postby Ammz » Sun Feb 02, 2014 23:17

God, you're such a nerd SpyCow.
You say: "Great Shot!"
I say: "aimbot"
-|PS|-Ammz

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon Feb 03, 2014 15:53

Spam Kid

Postby Pingster » Mon Feb 03, 2014 18:18

DMG_Kowi wrote:

What about the wall breach? Without doublejump, to escape in the same direction you'd have to run downstairs and through the wall breach, that needs to be blown up.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Feb 03, 2014 18:51

In this case the wall breach should be ignored. I don't like it personally, but we allow this move with the rules we have.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Mon Feb 03, 2014 19:11

Well if u need i can edit map file and delete this controversial wall :) ofc its joke, i dont want to break SteelRat's copyright of map :P But i think DJ should be available in here, Allies have to do a lot of teamwork for stealing obj.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 19:15

Pingster wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:

What about the wall breach? Without doublejump, to escape in the same direction you'd have to run downstairs and through the wall breach, that needs to be blown up.

Yes, thats what i was thinking. With this dj upstairs, blowing up this wall downstairs losing sense. Again i compere to Oasis XD, what for i have to destroy wall ? I can jump over that :) Snatch and Oasis almost identical situations.

But we agree about difficulties of this map to Allias, so let it be like so far, this is dj for obj but allowed XD
Or better way, change map to smth else XD and problem solved :beer:

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 19:39

Pingster wrote:
DMG_Kowi wrote:

Wall breach, which is just 5 meters from regular exit, after which you can just jump over low wall.

Come on, on maps we play there are hundreds of ways to utilize dj a manner, which makes objective easier.

Official Member

Postby DMG_Kowi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 19:44

Troyan wrote:Yes, thats what i was thinking. With this dj upstairs, blowing up this wall downstairs losing sense.

What about entering that way, huh?
Troyan wrote:Again i compere to Oasis XD, what for i have to destroy wall ? I can jump over that :) Snatch and Oasis almost identical situations.

Almost identical? Don't make me laugh. They are long long way different. Do I have to list the differences?

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 20:28

DMG_Kowi wrote: They are long long way different. Do I have to list the differences?

Yea sure :) Im very curious where you see the differences ??

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Feb 03, 2014 22:46

There are tons of differences, and Kowi is exactly right. They are not comparable
- In oasis axis have a second spawn and they are way behind
- In oasis you pass an objective, and you intend to do the final objective, axis don't have time to reach the dynamites in time.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Next

Return to PS #1: Discussion