Special Delivery Dj before first obj.

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Spam Noob

Special Delivery Dj before first obj.

Postby piotrek » Thu Feb 13, 2014 23:11

Today I was frozen and poisoned by admin AddShore (still iI like yo but I aw angry for you) :). I start conversation with he and he "won" becouse "admin is always right".
Saw now i have question for other players and admins on this beautiful server with Doubl Jump it's allowed or no and when it's not allowed i have request to do something with it (for example off dj on this map).

Here many people do dj.
I jumped and run without take flag and

here I was frozen and poisoned by Add :/.

I'm not angry for Add now but that problem must be solved.

Master of pain Piortek[PL]

PS:. Who was right?

Official Member

Re: Special Delivery Dj before first obj.

Postby DMG_Kowi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 0:34

On this map it is not allowed to dj on those walls.

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:02

Ofc its not allowed. You want to disable double jump just on this map...well making script just for one map, and cuz ppl DONT know or DONT obey rules is a waste of time (easier is to kick/learn them), and ofc all are lazy to make that script :) Every "trick" to avoid destroyable wall/gate is just rulebreak, and u as a experienced player should know it. enough clear?

Server Owner

Postby Sebbel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13

dj off on the map now per config.
case sovled
sometimes you lose - sometimes the others win

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59

Sebbel wrote:dj off on the map now per config.
case sovled

Enter the Dragon :!:

Best option.

On this map wont be problem anymore, on others best is just to avoid situation like this, and dont provoke someone to call you a rulebreaker. Expirienced players should know on which map what is not allowed, follow it and show less expirieced players or thouse who just started play on our server to implanted thouse new habits in them 8)

Cheers :beer:

Official Member

Postby Death » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:25

Indeed disallowed Piotrek.

PS: Mad pain skills bro :)

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Spam Noob

Postby piotrek » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:11

I tried to white paint master but my computer write that word without "t".
But still i don't know why this wasn't allowed. And. thx sebel for solve that problem.

Spam Noob

Postby piotrek » Fri Feb 14, 2014 13:38

case sovled

Sebbel you off dj not only on this map. Pls repair it.

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 13:43

piotrek wrote:
case sovled

Sebbel you off dj not only on this map. Pls repair it.

OMG thats just !wunderbar :party:

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Fri Feb 14, 2014 13:46

Should be fixed.

"Seb"=>"Naaaarf"

Spam Kid

Postby Bruce23 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 15:53

but its allowed to jump up there with dj as long as you wont catch the flag, right ?? so just jumping on it and fighting there is ok ?! its not for object/flag
same at oasis, there you can jump over wall and kill axis but if you plant dyna it was your last map on ps :D

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Feb 14, 2014 16:18

Technically we allow that Bruce. Although in my opinion it is bullshit to allow such things, if you jump over objects that are part of the objective 'just to frag' you prevent the enemy from defending. If you would jump over the walls in delivery, even without the intention to grab the flag, you still influence the outcome of the game. In the case that I am an axis engineer, and I have the intention to for example diffuse a dynamite planted at the walls, and suddenly a medic that jumped over the wall kills me at a place where he could not come without jumping over the wall, than that seems kind of unfair to me.

Although PS rules don't officially state it, I advice everyone to just don't jump over any (minor)objective in the map that should be destroyed by dyna/satchel. Doesn't matter which class you have, you will always influence the game.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Feb 14, 2014 17:14

In addition to smadj, in this case the influence can ne hugge. You could seriously hinder the oposing defending team and if fighting in the bunker people will be very likely to 'accidentaly' touch the flag and capture it. Wouldn't advice dj here.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 0:31

piotrek wrote:Today I was frozen and poisoned by admin AddShore (still iI like yo but I aw angry for you) :). I start conversation with he and he "won" becouse "admin is always right".
Saw now i have question for other players and admins on this beautiful server with Doubl Jump it's allowed or no and when it's not allowed i have request to do something with it (for example off dj on this map).

Here many people do dj.
I jumped and run without take flag and

here I was frozen and poisoned by Add :/.

I'm not angry for Add now but that problem must be solved.

Master of pain Piortek[PL]

PS:. Who was right?

Awesome painting skillz Piotrek :)
btw: can we disable double jumps on all ETPro maps? (thats kind of maps has better playable without DJ. Made smart for teamplay: small, many ways, enough time for do everything so doesn't needed to make gameplay faster by DJ on that maps.) Rest maps for nq should has DJ on

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:47

Sidor wrote:btw: can we disable double jumps on all ETPro maps? (thats kind of maps has better playable without DJ. Made smart for teamplay: small, many ways, enough time for do everything so doesn't needed to make gameplay faster by DJ on that maps.) Rest maps for nq should has DJ on

Etpro maps? there are some? Never noticed maps are divided between etpro and nq (there are only dedicated maps for any mod), but somehow i know what u mean...e.g. The maps which are in PS etpro event, yeah? not sure goldrush will work well without dj ;) So better to say DJ should be disabled on maps, where ppl often try to use doubljump for obj, and its actually done on server, so Sidor u have to be more active on server to discover what admins actually done or not :>

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50

Kuna wrote:
Sidor wrote:btw: can we disable double jumps on all ETPro maps? (thats kind of maps has better playable without DJ. Made smart for teamplay: small, many ways, enough time for do everything so doesn't needed to make gameplay faster by DJ on that maps.) Rest maps for nq should has DJ on

Etpro maps? there are some? Never noticed maps are divided between etpro and nq (there are only dedicated maps for any mod), but somehow i know what u mean...e.g. The maps which are in PS etpro event, yeah? not sure goldrush will work well without dj ;) So better to say DJ should be disabled on maps, where ppl often try to use doubljump for obj, and its actually done on server, so Sidor u have to be more active on server to discover what admins actually done or not :>

If U never played ETPro kuna you'll don't know about the Pro maps :)
btw: I'm on vacations right now so how I can be active? Kuna mac :P

Server High Admin

Postby davies » Fri Feb 21, 2014 14:12

Kuna wrote:

Please do not.
We are a NQ server and prefer NQ settings (that's including double-jump).
DJ should solely be removed or lowered in case the setting seriously harms the purpose of the map.

Personally I hugely dislike the DJ on supply depot as well, but hey, too many nabs around :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spam Kid

Postby Pingster » Fri Feb 21, 2014 16:14

And then you're on a slippery slope where "shotgun is too OP on this ETPro map, disable shotguns on ETPro maps" and other bs like that.

Server High Admin

Postby Daghel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 16:52

Remove those "ETpro maps" from rotation and problem solved. ^^
Chaos is the only true answer.

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Sat Feb 22, 2014 0:01

Pingster wrote:

And then you're on a slippery slope where "shotgun is too OP on this ETPro map, disable shotguns on ETPro maps" and other bs like that.

lul :) the thread is about double jump, not shotguns so your post is just not in right place imo:D but anyway good idea:D (shotguns are sux so should be disabled)

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 16:16

Sidor wrote:
Pingster wrote:

lul :) the thread is about double jump, not shotguns so your post is just not in right place imo:D but anyway good idea:D (shotguns are sux so should be disabled)

Yes it sucks when you get killed by a shotgun, but it's fun when you can kill with a shotgun :p

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Official Member

Postby Sidor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 19:13

shotgun in my hands is useless :D thats why i hate this gun

Official Member

Postby addshore » Sun Feb 23, 2014 21:26

Lets for a second pretend I didnt also want to draw something xD
Anyway this is what I saw, so once I froze the 4 allies that DJed up the wall :P (blue being allies red being axis).
Naturally when I was trying the freeze command I had no idea what any of your intentions where..
... However looking at where you all were afterward one of you was practically on the flag :P

It is a good thing that DJ is now off by default for this map! :)

Website Moderator

Postby icefrost » Sun Feb 23, 2014 21:33

addshore wrote:Lets for a second pretend I didnt also want to draw something xD
Anyway this is what I saw, so once I froze the 4 allies that DJed up the wall :P (blue being allies red being axis).
Naturally when I was trying the freeze command I had no idea what any of your intentions where..
... However looking at where you all were afterward one of you was practically on the flag :P

It is a good thing that DJ is now off by default for this map! :)

lol mad paint skills xd
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I am very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Official Member

Postby addshore » Sun Feb 23, 2014 21:34

icefrost wrote:lol mad paint skills xd

I know right ;p The arrows are the best..

Next

Return to PS #1: Discussion