offensive behaviour on sever last night

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Spam Noob

offensive behaviour on sever last night

Postby hotzenplotz4ever » Mon Jul 21, 2014 21:38

Last night (around 23:00 [+1GMT]?) there has been quite offensive behaviour on the server which I think should not be allowed.

In my opinion this behaviour was concering the PS-rulebook.

>> "Forbidden Names and Tags"
There should be no appeals against other countries allowed - like using the Nickname "Boycott Israel". This was done yesterday by a player from Turky. It should be consiodered that sometimes we also have players from Israel on the server.

>> "Don't Insult or Provoke"
There should also be no mocking of other people in relation to their religion or nationality - like saying repeatedly "Allahu Akbar" (and malapropisms of this) in Main-Chat (five or six times in a row by a group of players) or stating things like "... is god of terrorist...". This was done yesterday by several members of a clan from Spain. We often have muslim players on the server (there also were some last night).

Althoug I do not know what was the story behind this behaviour, in my opinion things like that should not be tolerated at all on any game server, and especially not on one of PS. This behaviour is beyond exchanging words in a dispute, thoug I am not sure if there even was a dispute.

This is my opionion. What is yours?

Server High Admin

Re: offensive behaviour on sever last night

Postby Troyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 22:01

I think same as you.
That kind of behave is highly forbidden if there are other ppl on server who can feel insulted by talking shit about his religion etc. Especialy when main chat on gaming server isnt for spreading own belifes etc...

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon Jul 21, 2014 23:06

You are completely right Hotzen. Thanks for reporting here. This Spanish clan you mean most probably will be the Artyk guys.

As a guide for PS members in case of offensive nicknames ask players to change it and if they resist use the rename command.

In case of this clan use /m clanname to speak to the group as a whole and clarify that religious related messages/offences are not permitted. Repetition can be punished with mutes or kicks.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server Owner

Postby egglaf » Tue Jul 22, 2014 15:13

Any logs available? I can fetch them as well, but then I need the map name and the time approximately.

Spam Noob

Postby hotzenplotz4ever » Thu Jul 24, 2014 20:46

Well, I do not remeber the map anymore. Sorry for that, I should have mentioned it in my post or written it down for me.

Most important, I wanted to know if my opinion is shared by the majority of PS-people. So now I know that this behaviour is not tolerated. I will try to act accordingly and speak out if such things are repeated - and I will encourage other players to do the same.

Btw: Yes, it were members of Artyk of course. I did not mention this (as well as the name of the Turkish guy - I think I know what his "real" nickname is) because I thought (and think) that the topic in general was of importance, not individual players.

Politics and religion in general should be left out of the game, or at least these topics should not be used in an offensive way. No matter if in form of a nickname or public chat (or even private chat, which can be even more offensive).

Official Member

Postby Kuna » Fri Jul 25, 2014 13:14

Hotz to make it clear u can discover that guy from file "client.txt" its located in your "Wolfenstain - Enemy Territory/NQ (or No Quarter)" folder, just use ctrl+f and seek for keywords of his nickname... I think that behave deserved punishment, talking about that generally only let PS-members focus on that, but do not learn that Artyk guy what is forbidden here.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Fri Jul 25, 2014 14:39

It was on Venice and it was a guy called Istanbul. 8)
Image :wth:

Spam Lord

Postby ErsGuterJunge » Fri Jul 25, 2014 19:19

et police over here :loller:

Return to PS #1: Discussion