Omnibot

Our 54 man No Quarter house by Bowdown, Sebbel & *egglaf? IP: 178.63.72.111:27960
Server Owner

Omnibot

Postby Ninjadeer » Mon May 09, 2016 14:11

Since today our server is running the latest version of Omnibot (v0.85), the system that provides AI controlled players for those moments when there are no enough real players around to make gameplay interesting.

This latest version should probably include some cool updates and stuff, but I'm personally interested if it has really affected the gameplay in any way. Therefore I would be interested in hearing your feedback about the new system. If you have spotted some changes in bot behavior please post your feedback here.

One of the updates this version brought is the fact that some system files are a bit different, this also caused a situation where I couldn't just copy-paste the old bot names to the new system. It could be done with a small effort but I thought at as well we could just come up with some new names.

If you have some good name ideas for the bots please post them into this topic. Preferably in both pure text and with ET Code tags, like so:

Code: Select all
^cC^6ool^cN^6ame
Enemy Territory Code: Select all
CoolName
Keep in mind that the system has some limits, therefore the names shouldnt be too long (like max 15 characters including color changes) and there shouldn't be too many color changes (max 4)
Image thx for diamond :D

Server High Admin

Re: Omnibot

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 16:03

Gonna test the new bots this evening.

The problem with the other bots was that if 12 players where in spec, all the bots disappeared. Is this changed? On does these new bots have some system so both teams will have even amount of humans? Gonna test it myself this evening.

I will think and post some nice names later :)

Pompidom :)

teKno

Dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly !

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Mon May 09, 2016 16:05

Changes i notice:

-There is no differnce some1 is on spec or not (or how many spec there are) its always same amount of bots, 6o6. When i join some team, 1 bot from this team disconecting and still is 6o6 but with 1 player. So there wont be situation that some1 cant join some team coz 1 team got less bots\players. Which is cool imo.

-Also i notice bots dont wait with tab until 1 sec before respawn time how it was before. At least i didnt notice any bot waiting for medic... IS it cool? Idk... Ofc if my observations were good :P

-Dont know about skill of thouse bots. Is it same or not? Dont know, but seams fine to me.

-Funy and weird was also when i throw 1 bot medpack and he said thanks before he grab it 8O Rly weirdo... Or it was coinsidence.

1 test is on the way but for that more players are needed. I wonder how works !teams cmd with this omnibot. Is it counting bots or not...

Names for bots... hmmm... SURE :P Join and KICK US pls1; Join and KICK US pls2; Join and KICK US pls3 etc etc :lol:

Good job Ninja :beer:

Official Member

Postby Polaris » Mon May 09, 2016 16:12

I WANT A POLARIS BOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a dream becomes reality!

Prolaris*

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon May 09, 2016 16:16

I suggest:
Lowlaris*

^4Lowlaris^5*
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby RyukinOmega » Mon May 09, 2016 16:57

ETGOD

you know, after me :)
I eat cowz for a living.

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Mon May 09, 2016 17:10

RyukinOmega wrote:ETGOD

you know, after me :)

:rofl:

We don't spread lies here at PS, Ryu.
Image :wth:

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Mon May 09, 2016 18:05

Ninjadeer wrote:If you have some good name ideas for the bots please post them into this topic. Preferably in both pure text and with ET Code tags

Come on guys, provide your suggestions in ET code ninja can just copy paste them :)
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 19:06

1)
DrunkenSailor
^tD^drunken^tS^dailor

2)
Mewtwo
^zM^wew^zt^wwo

3)
BADNOTGOOD
^qBAD^pNOTGOOD

4)
LostBullet
^qL^jost^xB^sullet

5)
BraveHeart
^rB^hrave^rH^heart
Last edited by pompidom_23 on Mon May 09, 2016 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 19:08

Btw just saw on servermonitor and saw 6v6 with 6bots axis and 2bots/4players in allies?????

teKno

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Mon May 09, 2016 19:13

Pompi wrote:Btw just saw on servermonitor and saw 6v6 with 6bots axis and 2bots/4players in allies?????
Yup, one of the faults in system where there are constantly 6o6 despite the spectators. Haven't found any solution without additional mods so far :?

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 19:18

Ninjadeer wrote:
Pompi wrote:Btw just saw on servermonitor and saw 6v6 with 6bots axis and 2bots/4players in allies?????
Yup, one of the faults in system where there are constantly 6o6 despite the spectators. Haven't found any solution without additional mods so far :?

Mhhh sucks little bit...

And again I see this stupid botwar... need to stop this.. Please react, go we gonna do something about this or not?
--->
http://www.prime-squadron.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=12521

Gonna check server in 30mins and try to keep it filled.

teKno

Official Member

Postby Swordfish » Mon May 09, 2016 20:09

Actually i liked when bots names was mirroring PS members names... nice touch... :)
Fragging is not crime... yet.
-|PS|-Swordfish

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Tue May 10, 2016 17:22

More observation about 'new' bots:

They are way more intelligent then before :loller:
For example. Do you remeber Passward map and how bots were moving there. Now bots opening\closing passward, They typing it to lunch process 8O and they can also disable process ... ahhh and also they can open this truck ramp to get down to defend obj. Funy is that when lunch process was disabled, then allies bot first got to go check new code XD then type XD

On Supply i saw first time how covert-bot taking uni and sneaking to CP :loller:

I like that behave of new bots. But still ofc better would be with some ppl :|

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Tue May 10, 2016 20:54

Now we need to change the bots names as fast as possible because now everyone immediately sees that these names are bots :p
Can you change it Ninja, or can we (members) change it too permanently?
I already gave some names in post above here you have more:
1)
PrinceofDessert
^kP^lr^ki^ln^kc^le^wof^kD^le^kss^le^kr^lt

2)
Messaldo
^5M^we^5s^ws^qa^hl^qd^ho

3)
Silverbullet
^9Silver^zbullet

You don't need to use them all, just saying what comes in my mind :p

teKno

Official Member

Postby SpyCow » Tue May 10, 2016 20:55

pompidom_23 wrote:Now we need to change the bots names as fast as possible because now everyone immediately sees that these names are bots :p

I'm pretty sure we didn't fool anyone. :D
Image :wth:

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Tue May 10, 2016 21:16

Yep the country flags are still there, and these fellas are from planet bot. They will be quite easy to spot unless we disable country flags :) .

Anyways I'll probably change some names during this week/weekend. There are quite a few names to change so keep those suggestions coming, and try to keep those colour changes at minimum :wink: .

Server High Admin

Postby pompidom_23 » Tue May 10, 2016 21:33

Ninjadeer wrote:Anyways I'll probably change some names during this week/weekend. There are quite a few names to change so keep those suggestions coming, and try to keep those colour changes at minimum :wink: .
Ow didn't read that in first post. Max 15 characters inclusive color changes. Shit so all bots should name 'Mark' or Jan' or 'Fred' :D So my names or to long?

teKno

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Tue May 10, 2016 23:46

Ninja, there are more changes? Today if no1 vote for some map, map which was already ended was in dead circle. Same map is loading again and again till some1 vote for other.

And about bots... When i had 3hp left and asked for medic... bot just heald me with needle not medpacks XD huehue

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed May 11, 2016 9:07

Pompi wrote:Shit so all bots should name 'Mark' or Jan' or 'Fred' :D So my names or to long?
At least some of your names had too many color changes :wink:.

Troyan wrote:Today if no1 vote for some map, map which was already ended was in dead circle. Same map is loading again and again till some1 vote for other.
This is actually interesting, I noticed described behavior while checking what happens on server via IRC. When I tried to reproduce this with !endmap it didn't happen, neither when I did the objective on snatch. So this happens only on some maps :?.

Bronze Star

Postby Slash » Wed May 11, 2016 14:56

Troyan wrote:Ninja, there are more changes? Today if no1 vote for some map, map which was already ended was in dead circle. Same map is loading again and again till some1 vote for other.

I experienced similar on Streets of Italy. When the map was ended the map reloaded before i could even vote (like 5 sec or less after finished the objective) Usually there is 40 sec after maps or so before change.

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed May 11, 2016 15:10

Sometimes when map is played as a result of a vote it is possible that if no one votes for next map the map is played again as a part of a rotation. But things like this:
Slash wrote:[...]the map reloaded before i could even vote (like 5 sec or less after finished the objective)
shouldn't happen even in those situations. To be honest I have no idea what this could be about, the Omnibot should (theoretically) have nothing to do with this as it is just a system for bots, but then again... :?

Last week we had some server crashes as the game decided to load certain maps again and again as the warmup ended, that was before any changes but wouldn't wonder if it's somehow linked.
Anyways if you spot more odd behavior like this please keep them reports coming. If possible also include which map was in question, how many times did it load?

Server High Admin

Postby Troyan » Wed May 11, 2016 18:15

I dont know if omnibot can have some effect on maps or just map was replaced to different version... BUT, for example Bremen is bit different then before. For example 1st truck barrier is few steps further then before (and when there is bremen to vote for, there is bit different picture of this map).

Or you just changed version of map ? XD

But there was no need to DL new version so i guess it teoretical should be same :?

Server Owner

Postby Ninjadeer » Wed May 11, 2016 19:57

Troyan wrote:Or you just changed version of map ? XD
I changed the version, the previous (bremen_b3) had only waypoints for bots while this new (bremen_final) has also some information about objectives. This means the bots should act a bit smarter than just run around like headless chickens.

I think this version has been online also before for a short time, even though I couldn't find it from map database. This might explain why there was no need to download it.

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Wed May 11, 2016 21:36

Or Troyboy played on a different server.

Much traitor, wow. :wth:
quoting deep:

Next

Return to PS #1: Discussion