should mines do TD or not?

YES mines should do TD
46%
NO mines should not do TD
54%

Total votes : 79
Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 13:46

Actually this sucks.. No minestepping for teammates is bad.
They can plant whereever they want (cabinet entrance, objectif entrance, etc..) and noone can enter in that place (enemies ofc) without losing health or dieing... (and ofc, the other half of the team is inside waiting to kill you..)

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Mon Aug 03, 2009 15:08

All class are able to spot mines now. I also decreased the amount of mines from 15 to 10, so it s not realy a problem for me. The great advantage is that we have now less crap talks and fight since no one can run on your mines like a suicical psycho , disarm your mines etc ... less stress for engeeniers and less work for admins, that s how i see it :wink:

Spam Pro

Postby Audio » Mon Aug 03, 2009 19:29

The only thing is that using mines at the start of the map..then the attacking team pushes further. The mines left behind dont get stepped on, nor can they be disarmed.

10min self distruct or something would be peachy..but we just have to hope the engineers pay attention to whats happening :roll:

Official Member

Postby Pasglop » Mon Aug 03, 2009 22:27

BOWDOWN wrote:All class are able to spot mines now. I also decreased the amount of mines from 15 to 10, so it s not realy a problem for me. The great advantage is that we have now less crap talks and fight since no one can run on your mines like a suicical psycho , disarm your mines etc ... less stress for engeeniers and less work for admins, that s how i see it :wink:

like in marocco market souk i'll ask you fot 12 mines instead of 10 :)
provided i m 80 % time engie!!! :p

Official Member

Postby xochi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:13

I vote yes

because than the players cant walk over it before it was also on and there where not much problems with it also i think that those 15 mines are good enough for the lvl's but if you have large lvl's 30 would be nice but that doesnt need to be to have fun on the servers
also thx to the mines the people have to watch more where they walk :D :D

greetz to all xochi

ps: i'm just back from vacation in maroc with scouts :D :D

Spam Kid

Postby Godfather » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:27

i do agree with you zielobjekt in that way u explain it

although i voted no

Official Member

Postby deep » Tue Aug 04, 2009 13:54

icefrost wrote:it's a old topic, no need to reply there.

Bronze Star

Postby GokuSan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 17:47

BOWDOWN wrote:All class are able to spot mines now. I also decreased the amount of mines from 15 to 10, so it s not realy a problem for me. The great advantage is that we have now less crap talks and fight since no one can run on your mines like a suicical psycho , disarm your mines etc ... less stress for engeeniers and less work for admins, that s how i see it :wink:

Yeah ofc.. Cool to spot with every class. :)

Diamond wrote:
icefrost wrote:it's a old topic, no need to reply there.

Neither need to spam.. We still can use this topic to discuss about it instead of opening a new. =D

Veteran

Postby FOKEWOLF » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:32

According to Bowdwon spoting mines by all classes is great but sometimes it's quite difficult becouse of many enemies nearby. So that's the next reason about turning Dmg of mines for all ppl.

Official Member

Postby deep » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51

GokuSan wrote:Neither need to spam.. We still can use this topic to discuss about it instead of opening a new. =D
oke :P, but dont vote ppl, its an old poll.

Spam Lord

Postby CheeKy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 17:41

Why wouldnt you be allowed to vote? lol.

Anyway, I think td from mines should be off. I got plenty of reasons for this:
alot of engis dont have a clue where to place mines, even with td on they still plant infront of the spawn.

I saw someone posted tht it will be very hard to get into the enemy base. I think this is total bs. You can only place 10 mines and on 80% of the maps you cant even place mines to defend your flag or whatsoever. Besides this, most people have flackjackets, this will lower the damage done by mines, for example when I run over a mine, I wont die instantly but just get low hp.

Being more realistic is one of the worst arguments ever, did you ever see someone getting shot in the head twice and not dying...?

I prefer playing with team damage from mines though, it allows you to disable your teammates mines as well but I think it will only give more problems.

Official Member

Postby Evil » Sat Aug 08, 2009 20:39

voted no see deatheaters reply and the 1 from bow.

its coz too much td they get by other ppl or rarely care bout teammates.

as it is and that each class can spot it iam more enjoy this then it was before.

just my 2cent ;)

Spam Kid

Postby Keeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:57

BOWDOWN wrote:
Keeks wrote:You'll never get an optimal setting.

Its fact that this settings saves a lot of teamdamage, but gives good tool for "noob" engies, like planting mines around the flag (like Alain in Tramfight) - there is nothing better than spawn with multiple ssss sounds...

If this settings stays, this behaviour have to be prohibited

Just a point, putting mines directly around the flag is forbidden, TD on or off, we alwayz acted like this, you can t put mines on flag, if i see it the dude will have a warn/kick as i usualy do.

According to this I expected that planting mines at flag at breakout2 is forbidden too (even that its not in spawn), but few minutes ago the falg was surrounded by axis mines (planted by GuustFlater -> regular), and everyone behaved as its ok (even Alice) - so whats the rule about this flag?

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Fri Aug 28, 2009 15:45

Seems that Alice is not enough around to be aware about it :wink: , mines put directly at breakout's flag is exactly what kind of think i don t want to see, so it s not allowed and you can warn people about from me if i m not present :wink: .

Official Member

Postby xochi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 18:34

well i know server where they have mines that jump a bit in air so there is much more damage against a guy because most jump on and jump further but with these mines you get hit more because they jump in the air. i dont remember where it was but that was awesome the mines where good.

greetz xochi

Server High Admin

Postby Smadje » Fri Aug 28, 2009 20:05

fine xochi, but what you want to say with it?

We will do our best to keep the game fair and handle with this complicated situation.

In each case the situation like it is now will stay, so mines cannot be triggered by teammates.
quoting deep:
henksmadje please read topic more carefully and other topics too where u reply, then u get the point and dont have to make stupid posts.

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Aug 29, 2009 17:34

This question is complicated . If mines dont do damage to mates make the game unreal , but in the other side its faire for the engens.´

Im confused, And i dont see any solution :cry:

Server Owner

Postby BOWDOWN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 19:41

Toupeirao wrote:This question is complicated . If mines dont do damage to mates make the game unreal , but in the other side its faire for the engens.´

Im confused, And i dont see any solution :cry:

There is nothing "complicated" there except for those who like complicate simple thinks :wink: . Don put mines directly on the flag , can t say it more easier. Sure mines without team damage make the game "unreal" but do you think the rest of ET and more specialy NQ with all those adrenaline, doublejump etc ... match with a "real" war?? :wink:

Official Member

Postby Toup » Sat Aug 29, 2009 23:43

Ya , you are right BOW , that is it . Mines with no Team Damage i vote!

Previous

Return to PS Forum Archives - 2009